My dad seems to think that I am wasting money with all my music related purchases. He doesn't understand that all my purchases have reasons and that I don't feel like I am throwing money away. I have bought a new amp, and recently a new stratocaster even though I have a Les Paul and Telecaster.

He thinks I am throwing all my money away unnecessarily. One argument he has is that I am going to college next year, so I need to be saving all money possible, but I have a job this summer for $12 an hour, working 40 hrs a week, so I feel confident in my money saving, and he also says all this guitar stuff is useless because I can't have a guitar in a dorm but i don't believe that and I don't plan on being in a dorm for all 4 years.

So what do you guys think? Am I wasting money on guitar related things I don't need or is my dad just being crazy?
a) ofc you can have a guitar in a dorm

b) if its something you want and enjoy, and you spend your own money on it while saving for college.... tell your dad to stfu lol
Quote by -Collapse-
Oh, hello mister tracer! Lets dance!
Quote by CodySG
And we all poop in the sandwiches!

New Drug Chat, Eh? CLICK HERE

pass: misterhoffman
What you really need is a new amp.

Or fog machine.

Or potted plant.

There, now it's out of my system.
wait you're going to college next year and you already have a les paul and telecaster? D:
you can't have a guitar in a dorm? D:
that's a mint summer job you got btw
DANK MEMES
Why ask the pit when you've clearly made a final judgement with justification? And do you really expect an unbiased view on the subject from a bunch of musicians?
Quote by Jawkster
wait you're going to college next year and you already have a les paul and telecaster? D:
you can't have a guitar in a dorm? D:
that's a mint summer job you got btw

epiphone and squier, and I'm 99.9% sure I can have guitar(s) in a dorm, my dad just thinks I can't and yeah this summer job is boss.
Quote by due 07
What you really need is a new amp.

Or fog machine.

Or potted plant.

There, now it's out of my system.

How long has this stupid thing included potted plants?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by Apollo1449
epiphone and squier, and I'm 99.9% sure I can have guitar(s) in a dorm, my dad just thinks I can't and yeah this summer job is boss.

Yeah, I agree with your dad there.
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Please just ask him how something that brings you pleasure is wasted money.
Tell me who's that writin'...
Quote by cam_sampbell
Yeah, I agree with your dad there.

Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Do you really need a strat, les paul and a tele?

Probably not but who the hell cares. As long as your whole paycheck doesn't go to guitar stuff and fast food then he can't say anything... unless it's his money you're using
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by izbbass
How long has this stupid thing included potted plants?

The potted plant thing was before the fog machine.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by Jon777
Is your dad a musician? If not, his opinion isn't really all too surprising.

I don't think you're wasting money, though.

Seriously plenty of people as this guy said dont see much of a use in owning lots of guitars and musical gear. I have seen it happen plenty times.
I had a guitar and a small amp in college. My roommate had an acoustic guitar, as well. So, yes...you can bring guitars to college. However, be aware of any curfew or noise rules in your dorm. Basically, don't be the douche who's keeping people up after 10PM trying to nail that riff you've been playing for 3hours+.
Yea sounds like my parent get used to it. And at least you have you own money, they're my ATM's and they think every guitar and amp are the same in every way Except prettiness. So I'm stuck with a guitar I only got, because my last one broke, and my amp that I had no say in the purchase of.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

dude hate to say it, but i agree with your dad. too many stupid people these days are getting themselves in debt. i'm in college now. and dude seriously. money is hard to come by when you're trying to keep up with homework and don't have time for a part time job...

now why in the hell do you need another guitar if you already have TWO?! your justification doesn't account for the fact that you will lower the value of the other guitars, because you won't play them as much. not in actual value, but value to you... honestly to me, you're wasting your money...

a penny saved is a penny earned, if you spend it all, you haven't earned shit with all that hard work... put it in the bank man you'll need it someday
Quote by Jon777
Is your dad a musician? If not, his opinion isn't really all too surprising.

I don't think you're wasting money, though.

Yeah just try and explain why you buy each item
I say sell both Squires and get a Fender Strat/Tele.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at May 11, 2011,
Quote by benn913
Yeah just try and explain why you buy each item

I'd like to see him try.

Yes you are wasting money.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
If you get on a roll spending all your money on guitar stuff you won't have any left over when you get to college, a place where you can't work 40 hours a week unless you want to fail. It's okay to spend a little bit here and there, but seriously? Three guitars and multiple amps before you're even in college? No doubt a bunch of expensive pedals also. Slow your roll, Tom Hanks.