sup pitmonkeys, i'm thinking about leaving my band. i formed the band in august '08 with our current vocalist, we were first active (actually doing stuff) in january '09, and we've been together playing shows since. over the time, the line-up has changed, currently we are: me (bassist), vocalist, lead guitarist, and drummer.

anywho, we've been very stagnant the last long while, on average getting only 1 song written per two months. the way i usually write music is by sitting at home with guitar pro, and writing entire songs over the course of a few weeks whilst showing my bandmates and getting input along the way, then jamming it out as a band and making refinements at practice. we've gotten some awesome tunes down like this, but they get distracted easily while trying to get shit done. what they've been wanting to do lately is write songs at practice, which i'd be totally cool with except for the fact that we try it and nothing gets done. i've been trying since november to make us more efficient, and that has yet to happen.

what i really want is to be pumping out music consistently (at LEAST a song a month), and that's not happening. my attitude is different than theirs in that the guitarist and drummer only want to showcase our absolute best, most innovative material while i'm totally content with "alright" songs. i accept the fact that some ideas are better than others and that not every song is going to be revolutionary, but having said that i try to make every song as interesting as possible.

we just started recording our first full length, we have 8 songs for it, one of which the guys just said they're bored of and don't want to play anymore - bothered me immensely as i love that song. we've only had one session so far which we recorded some drums, and i have a feeling we won't be done anytime soon.

advice please..
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
You want a consistent live show full of your best songs so fans get familiar with them. Not one that changes every month.

Maybe you should take your songs & leave. If they're not serious, why stick around? If they can't handle it...well, too bad.
You've been together for a while, and seem to be doing pretty well. I would think it over before throwing all that out the window. What's the chances that you'll find a better situation than you have now
Sounds like a bunch of creative differences, I'd say leave. Not worth it. I've been writing music and putting together my own albums all by myself for years now for that same reason, I haven't found someone who I want to make music with.
Quote by Gerard_xD
You want a consistent live show full of your best songs so fans get familiar with them. Not one that changes every month.

Currently with us, if you've seen one of our shows you've seen them all. There's only an addition/revision to the set list once every few months, and thats lame as hell.

thanks for the replies, i'm going to think about this more..
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal