So I've been playing the ac4tv now for about a year and the tone is starting to fade which leads me to belive I need to change the tubes.

The stock tubes are still in atm; I purchased a JJ EL 84 and JJ 12AT7 (original is 12AX7 but I want a bit more clean headroom so I'm trying the 12AT7).

The problem is I've never changed tubes so I have no idea how/what to do/what to be careful of and I'm a bit of a cluts.

How do I do this/advice?

Thanks..
Make sure the tubes have cooled down before you touch them with your fingers - they get damn hot. Iirc those have little retaining clips over the tubes, you have to slip those off first. Apart from that the ac4tv is just plug and play. Swap the tubes and roll.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
be really careful when you pull the back off that amp.

don't touch anything other then wood or the tube.

the 12at7 isn't really going to give you more headroom.

it'll just make your amp quieter.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
do i just pull the tubes out and plug new ones in or do i need to disconnect/hook up a bunch of stuff?
Just the tubes.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by AcousticMirror
be really careful when you pull the back off that amp.

don't touch anything other then wood or the tube.

+1

the ac4 makes you open the whole chassis to change tubes. Dangerous if you don't know what you're doing.

Completely ridiculous on a plug-and-play single-ender if you ask me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?