Poll: Which one is your favorite?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one is your favorite?
American Pickers
11 12%
Pawn Stars
29 32%
Hardcore Pawn
3 3%
Storage Wars
1 1%
Other
2 2%
They all suck
45 49%
Voters: 91.
That other reality show thread got me thinking about these types of shows (American Pickers, Pawn Stars, Hardcore Pawn, Storage Wars, etc.) that in my opinion are the only good reality shows. So, which one is your favorite? They're all interesting and fun to watch but I really love American Pickers.

I'm also not entirely sure that these are even classified as reality shows so... yeah.
Whats the deal with the pawn stuff? When did that become a fad?
you're a stone fox
I don't really like Hardcore Pawn if that's the one I'm thinking of, the one where I think their shop is in Detroit or something. That one seems to be more based on drama than the items brought in.
Quote by dylanfromearth
Item based- Idk??..

Situation based- Jersey Shore

Jersey Shore is filled with tools

I'm sure those count as items
antique roadshow baby
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
I like Pawn Stars a lot.

Storage Wars is decent, and so is American Pickers.

I have a degree in history, and antiques interest me a lot, so I like shows like these.

Oh, and Antiques Road Show is pretty sweet.
I like American Pickers.
For the most part I hate the people on the show but love learning about the items they find.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by darkcheef

Touchê my good sir
never seen hardcore pawn. storage wars is kinda lame. 2/3 of the show is them bidding on junk. it gets old really quick.

i like american pickers a little bit better than pawn stars, but i enjoy both.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Both the guys in American Pickers look like total dorks.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
American Pickers. And it has nothing to do with the fact that they live an hour away

EDIT: ^ HEY!!

Oh well. At least they know they're better than Meenasootans, donchaknow?

I'm only giving you crap, dude.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Last edited by Angus_Junior35 at May 11, 2011,
Quote by rgrockr
Both the guys in American Pickers look like total dorks.

They don't just look like dorks. They act like them too.

Pawn Stars all the way. Hardcore Pawn just looks like every reality show ever, and I've never heard of Storage Wars.
Those shows actually have really gotten on my nerves over time...it's already an over-saturated genre, full of annoying people who try to rip poor people off.

And this coming from a history minor who is fascinated by many things on History Channel.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Quote by Beautiful

And this coming from a history minor who is fascinated by many things on History Channel.

Take it from the guy with a Bachelor's degree in history:

You're wrong.

Quote by daytripper75
Take it from the guy with a Bachelor's degree in history:

You're wrong.

Touche!

But I'm currently writing a 10-page essay on the Roman economy and political system in the late Republic...does that tip the scales at all?
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Pickers is cool cuz of all the hobo weirdos those dudes meet.

All the other ones can fuck off.
Quote by Beautiful
Touche!

But I'm currently writing a 10-page essay on the Roman economy and political system in the late Republic...does that tip the scales at all?

Rome is overrated.
Quote by dylanfromearth
Item based- Idk??..

Situation based- Jersey Shore

That was just wonderful.

Back to the matter at hand:
I don't especially like any of them. I've never really understood (non-competitive) reality TV. I mean, the reality part doesn't connect with me, because none of it has to do with my reality. I don't buy/sell antiques or other assorted stuff and I have very little interest in oil cans and gas pumps. And Canadian Pickers is atrocious.

At least Antiques Roadshow has paintings and other art and cool books or photos - there was even a vintage SG once, that was pretty sweet. The picker shows are mostly junk/collector items (do people really collect old oil cans?) and the pawn shows rarely have anything that interests me. And I tend to dislike the people - the American Picker guys seems really dorky; and, though the Pawn Stars main guy - the bald one - seems okay, everyone else gets on my nerves.

I'll stay out of my own ideas for reality television - most of them wouldn't really be executable. Or would be too awesome for TV.
Last edited by Sir Anonymous at May 11, 2011,
Quote by Angus_Junior35
Oh well. At least they know they're better than Meenasootans, donchaknow?

I'm only giving you crap, dude.

I lived in Iowa for 7 years, I shouldn't really be negatively profiling Iowans.

So how's the corn comin' in?
The American Pickers guys seem like they would be fun to hang out with, dorky or not.
Quote by darkcheef

I lol'd.
Also I don't know any of these shows, I guess they only air on America. I stilll voted for "they all suck", since theyall, in general, do suck.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
I love pawn stars and American pickers, storage wars has just aired over here in the UK and the first season is a bit disappointing compared to the others. I will still probably watch it though.
Hate reality shows. Whenever someone tells me that he/she watches reality shows I lose a little bit of respect for them. (I stay quiet and don't say anything)

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Last edited by JamSessionFreak at May 12, 2011,
Sounds like the most boring premise for a tv show ever.

"I know let's film what happens in a shop"
Pawn Stars is really interesting and pretty funny at the same time. Really bummed I didn't start watching the show until after I got back from Vegas.
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Hate reality shows. Whenever someone tells me that he/she watches reality shows I lose a little bit of respect for them. (I stay quiet and don't say anything)
Reality shows that follow people or game-type situations (Eg. Jersey Shore, Biggest Loser, etc.) are ****ing ridiculous. But when it is a camera crew in a shop or van that follows a lot of really interesting items and such as they pass through daily business, then it's pretty cool.
Last edited by Pat_s1t at May 12, 2011,
The only thing even remotely approaching a "reality" show I watch is Mythbusters, and it likely doesn't qualify compared to the rest.
They are universally contrived and absurd. Anyone who thinks these people are not being told very specifically to "act up" for the camera and all footage very carefully edited for maximum effect is dreaming.