So today I picked up my birthday present from Fed-Ex.

Box.

Let's get down to business.

Packing peanuts got everywhere.

Better case than I expected

Tada! It's an Ibanez RG2120X!

Prestige!

12th fret inlay (the only inlay on the fretboard). Me gusta.

Sex.
Dimarzio pickups. Evolution in the bridge and PAF Pro in the neck.

Double Edge Pro. Awesomesauce.

Now apparently guitar pr0nz isn't allowed on here without some learning value, so here's the review:

Specs:
- 3-piece, maple, Ultra Prestige neck with rosewood fretboard
- Mahogany body with a blue (more teal, really) stain finish
- Double Edge Pro bridge with piezo pickups
- Upgraded Dimarzio PAF Pro (neck) and Evolution (bridge)
- Dual output for the option of running the magnetic and piezo pickups in stereo

Out of the box the guitar was basically in tune. It didn't go very far (Sacramento to Seattle in 2 days), but I was impressed.

The action is a bit high for my tastes but I think adjusting the truss rod a bit will help with that. Even with the strings being a little high off the fretboard, it still plays amazingly. The Ultra Prestige neck profile is a little chunky, but smooth as silk and super comfortable. I like having just the small 12th fret dots.

The bridge is really nice. My only other Ibanez with a tremolo is my RG570 which has an original Edge. I like having the low-profile; it's very comfortable to play on.

The pickups are pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of the PAF Pro in the neck, but they compliment each other very well and sound great. I think the guitar is mahogany, though, and you can definitely hear it. Kind of a dark sound... I guess I'm just used to basswood.

Onto what made me really want this- the piezo pickups.

I've been wanting an Ibanez with piezos for a while now. I always thought it was cool to have that ability to make your guitar sound at least somewhat like an acoustic. I was worried I wouldn't really like how the piezos in this guitar would sound, but my worries have been cast aside!
They deliver a great sound. The extra EQ knob helps a lot with versatility. It's concentric, so I can adjust the treble and the bass.
Dial up the treble and it sounds surprisingly similar to an acoustic. Dial down the treble and add some bass and you can play with distortion and it still sounds pretty good (I just wanted to try and hear what it sounds like).

Overall, this is a great guitar. The neck plays like silk, the pickups sound great, and the piezo is an awesome addition to have as well. The PAF isn't as "liquid" sounding as I like a neck pickup to be, but it's still great. The Evolution is very unforgiving, but cuts through like a hot knife through warm butter.

I'd recommend this guitar to any Ibanez fan who is looking for the cool option of having the piezos, or even just wants a really nice Prestige guitar.

Also for anyone who's interested, it cost $750+$35 shipping.
That looks beautiful man, where did you find it for that price?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Holy crap that's beautiful man... HNGD... I want it
Ibanez S2170FB Prestige + Crunch Lab
Ibanez RG1570MRR Prestige + Crunch Lab
Taylor 214CE
Peavey 6505MH + Orange PPC112 + TS9 + ISP Decimator + MXR 10-Band EQ

Watch and subscribe to my guitar ventures!
Search Nick Catelli on YouTube
well played man
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Man that's beautiful. Very f'n awesome.

Not really a fan of the tone from evolution pickups myself (and I know what you mean about them being unforgiving xD ), but I'm starting to get really interested in the piezo stuff, and the rest of the guitar just looks amazing.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Nice, i've seen a few of those listed, seem like very cool buys

Would love to get my hands on the old S series with piezo they had a while back!
Quote by Pac_man0123
The Ultra Prestige neck profile is a little chunky,
lolwut

Damn nice guitar though and that's a fantastic price you got it for. I've had GAS for a piezo guitar for a while myself, think that might have to be my next purchase.
It is, its also got a 42mm nut as well so it feels alot more traditional than the Wizards, its the same neck you find on the JPM guitars, its the best Ibanez neck ever.

TS I hate you, I missed out on one of these a year or so ago and have been kicking myself ever since, HNGD!!!!!!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
very nice indeed
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by grohl1987
lolwut

Damn nice guitar though and that's a fantastic price you got it for. I've had GAS for a piezo guitar for a while myself, think that might have to be my next purchase.

Well, compared to other Wizard necks it is a lot rounder and a bit thicker. It's still thin and super comfortable, though.
Very VERY nice from and ibanez fan to another. Someone loves you cause nobody I know would get me a $750 guitar for my birthday.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
how do you pronounce piezo???

I've heard it being pronounced "peezo" "pie(as in 'I eat pie')-zo" and I call it "pee-eh-zo"
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
how do you pronounce piezo???

I've heard it being pronounced "peezo" "pie(as in 'I eat pie')-zo" and I call it "pee-eh-zo"

I always say "pee-eh-zo" as well.

Congrats on that guitar OP. I'm jealous of the Prestige + piezo combination. I would love a piezo.. might have bought that guitar if I had seen it on EBay.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by Lethal Dosage
Very VERY nice from and ibanez fan to another. Someone loves you cause nobody I know would get me a $750 guitar for my birthday.

It was a very generous gift from my parents for my 18th birthday, and I paid for $200 of it as well as opting out of a big birthday party with a group of friends. Pretty good trade if I say so myself.

As for pronouncing piezo, I say "pee-eh-zo" too. I think it's supposed to be "pie-zo" (that's how John Petrucci says it), but I think that just sounds stupid.
nice socks. lol
happy birthday/ngd, that guitar is teh pr0nz
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Quote by kandex
nice socks. lol

i thought they were boring.

kinda ruined the whole thing.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by CannedBullets
Looks nice, but what exactly is a piezo?

Piezo pickups are little crystals that are in each saddle, so one per string. They use pressure instead of a magnetic field like traditional guitar pickups.

It just makes it sound more like an acoustic if it's dialed in right.

Here's an example of pretty decent piezo tone.
*looks at age*

Shitson, you have some nice gear! And your only 1 year older than me :O

HNGD!

Now I want a 2027.

Enjoy
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy