Hey guys. I recently listed my Ibanez RG5EX1 for sale or trade on Craigslist and I got a dude offering to trade my his 7 string Ibanez Xiphos XPT707FX for it. Now, I LOVE the design of the Xiphos and the 27 fret model used by Patrick Pintavalle of The Absence however he could have had modifications done to it so I am not sure if the quality would be the same with the 7 string model.

So what I wanna know is, do you guys think it would be a good idea to trade the RG5EX1 for the XPT707FX?
You can't possibly go wrong in that trade. (Assuming you want to have a 7 string, of course.)

Unless the Xiphos is in unserviceable condition or something.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
You can't possibly go wrong in that trade. (Assuming you want to have a 7 string, of course.)

Unless the Xiphos is in unserviceable condition or something.

Oh yes. I love 7 string guitars and according to the dude it has no issues except for a chip on the tip of one of the horns. Either way, thanks for the feedback guys! I feel much more sure about this trade now
Wow I just checked the prices.. the RG5EX1 is $400 new and the XTP707 is $1000 new. Just make sure that there isn't anything terribly wrong with the Xiphos (look for neck warp, bad electronics, etc. just to be sure) before you make the deal, but if it seems fine then that is a very, very good deal.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Wow I just checked the prices.. the RG5EX1 is $400 new and the XTP707 is $1000 new. Just make sure that there isn't anything terribly wrong with the Xiphos (look for neck warp, bad electronics, etc. just to be sure) before you make the deal, but if it seems fine then that is a very, very good deal.

Yeah I know what you mean dude. I asked the owner to let me take it for a test run before I decide. I'm gonna inspect that thing thoroughly. If anything, it'll just be off intonation or something like that. Maybe some bad wiring. Nothing some soder and an iron shouldnt fix.

Quote by Drummerrrrr?
Judging by the retail price of each it sounds a little too good to be true...

That's what I'm thinking but it could be possible that he just wants an Ibanez with a trem bridge and doesn't wanna go through the trouble of selling it when he can just get a quick and easy trade.