Hey all,

Picked it up for $700 CAD and a wah pedal which I didn't really use all that much. When I first got it it had some pretty funky feeling heavy bottom light top strings on it, and when I slapped some 10s on it the D-string buzzed at the first fret. Being a broke ass university student I couldn't spend the dough on the nut and just slapped a bit of paper in there for the time being. I moved up to 11's pretty quick as it felt a lot better with the smaller scale and all, and thankfully the buzzing is gone except on really moist days.

I'm really happy, got the thick 50's neck and plays like a dream. It's chambered so it's loud acoustically, and the humbucker/P-90 is totally badass. If you get a chance to try one I say go for it.

The poker chip is actually an arcade joystick washer, haha gotta have a bit of nerd going on. I still need to pick up a truss rod cover, don't really dig the open look.
What would be your aesthetic opinions on a possible pickup ring for the bridge?

Here are a few pics:

Thought I'd put up a song I just recorded with it just to be a little interesting. The amps I used were a Bugera V55 and a Fender Champ 600. If you guys just wanna hear the P-90 and the little solo, check out 3:40.
Burn by Monic | Song | Free Music, Listen Now
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab
70s traynor 200w head with 2 9x8 cabs for bass
i love the look of BFG's and p90 in the neck cant go wrong.
as for truss rod cover, i'd really get that but as for the humbucker ring, i'd keep it the way it is now. looks bad ass rings look kinda strange on a BFG i'd reckon
I liked the old trans black BFGs, I almost bought one as my second guitar. Kinda still want one from 2006 or 2007, as they were the last new model Gibson made that I actually liked.
The first pick I did not like so much, but the second one:

DEAR JESUS I want one of those.
BTW: What's the wooden thingy that is covering this adorable token of WANT.

In all honesty: Nice guitar and, if you like it, the price does not matter, nor does what anyone else says.
If I could've found a natural colored top on one, I'd have bought a BFG in a heartbeat. Loved these damn things. One of the several that I played came with knobs on it that went up to eleven.

Congrats.
Quote by sonic_777111
How does the cat like it?

Haha I was waiting for that! He loves it, he's an old bugger
Guitars:
1997 Guild Bluesbird
Gibson Les Paul Bfg
Acoustics
Ibanez GSR200FM Bass
Amps:
Bugera V55HD w/avatar cab
Fender Champ 600 with 4 ohm cab