Hey guys, I'm thinking about purchasing one of these PRS' as my second decent guitar, just wondering if there's anything else in the same price/type range I should look at first? I've heard them compared to the Hellraisers but if I remember those are active and I want passive pups. Any other overall info about the guitar from people who use them would be tops!
I love mine. Was the first PRS SE I bought, I have two now.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
just tried out the SE semi hollow today. great guitar. solid build, very good quality, light, and i LOVED the neck.

no gripes except: the bridge. nt really a fan. not bad. good placement, easy to palm mute, looks simple. however for some reason it anoyed my hand, lack of intonation adjustment, and i just dont really like th look from the players angle. i prefer a sleeker wrap around with intonation adjudtments or a full TOM setup. or string through.

i wuld absolutely fall in love with the guitar if it had a tonepros bridge on it.
I've owned several ESP's, F-250, EC-500, F-50 and Sc-607. Yet I'm ****in in love with my Prs Se-22. I love it. it shreds and only cost me 200 at a pawn shop. I'm switching out the pickups for some Bareknuckle pickups and it'll be perfect. My only gripe I guess was that I wish it was 24 frets but it's whatever, 22 is perfect really.
Ahhh great! I've heard good things about them before but had to check. Is it worth possibly spending a bit more and getting something that might last a bit longer? I'm only worried if I should be spending a bit more as I already have my Epi Dot which is a great guitar and I should look at something a bit more upmarket.

Btw I'll be playing mostly prog rock stuff, Karnivool, Circa Survive, Tool .etc
Price range is around $1000 AUD
Buy it. Don't think twice about it. You won't regret it.
PRS SE CU22 | PRS SE CU24 | Takamine EG463SC
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Rectifier 212
Pitchblack+ | Bad Monkey | FAB Chorus | NOVA Delay
This would sound amazing:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Paul-Reed-Smith-PRS-Singlecut-SE-Tremonti-pickups-/140547049783?pt=Guitar&hash=item20b941c937#ht_500wt_1156

And for the price, you certainly can't go wrong.

As far as playing rock/metal goes, I actually prefer the tremonti pickups in my PRS signature to the 81/85 EMGs in my LP Prophecy. Just something to think about.
PRS Tremonti Signature (charcoal burst)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (electric lime)
PRS SE One
---
EVH 5150 III 50w / 5150 III 212 cab
Blackstar HT-5
They are coming out with an SE 245 in July...I cannot wait to get my hands on one to see how it sounds/feels!
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Quote by bkmurff
They are coming out with an SE 245 in July...I cannot wait to get my hands on one to see how it sounds/feels!

that thing should straight up kill the agile armada.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Drummerrrrr?
How does the 245 stack up against the se24? Anyone tried one?

the 245 is aimed at the les paul crowd. a custom 24 is just a custom 24. i haven't tried the 245 or seen it in the stores yet.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i think i saw something that the SE245 is coming out in June/July. i will be selling my singlecut for one for the nicer finish, birds, and LP control scheme.

however, i will also throw my SE filled signature into this mix and let is speak for itself. iv sold gibsons to have more SE's, not just cause i could have 2 for the price of 1 gibson, but i legitimately like it better. they have pretty fat necks, which despite having small hands, i like, and they are just very solidly built guitars. the pickups and even tuners could use a nice upgrade, but i cannot say enough about the SE line.
Mesa F-30 - 1x12 V30
PRS SE Custom 24 (GFS Crunchy PATs)
PRS SE Singlecut (Evo/Air Norton)
1989 Starforce (GFS PowerRails)
Morley Tremonti Power Wah, TS7 (808-Mod), Pitchblack, Boss DD-3, DE FnC
Quote by gregs1020
the 245 is aimed at the les paul crowd. a custom 24 is just a custom 24. i haven't tried the 245 or seen it in the stores yet.

Ahhh yep, just read up On it a bit more. Jeez it looks sexy though!
i was at GC the other day. i played a les paul with p90s which was sex. so much character and grown with a nice thick clean sound. compared to that, the SE semi hollow sounded a bit dull. dull is harsh...maybe more uncharacteristic.

not a bad sounding guitar by any means but i can concluded that the build quality of the guitar exceeds the quality of the pickups (like most mid range guitars like epiphones or something).

if i had the money i would try to get a used SE, put locking tuners, ugraded pickups, and a tonepros bridge and it would be an amazing instrument i dont care wat anybody says. if you say wrong, your a fool. i mean heck yes there is better, but nobody would call it an unsatisfactory guitar.

and yes, the PRS wide-fat neck was interestingly refreshing. slightly wider than i an used to, comforatably shallow but not too thin,and a nice curve. great neck and frets.

solid built and feels like a toothpick compared to a les paul. light and well balanced.