Ok, so when I play my new jsx with valveking cab (ngd sometime later...) at higher volumes (like 115db or so) its just really muddy, yet fizzy and there's not much clarity, while when joe in the studio and live, it sounds awesome. I pretty much keep everything at 12oclock. i change it the settings but at almost any setting, almost any volume, any ammount of pre gain, its fizzy, but if I eq it smooth, all the cut is lost. it sounds almost nowhere near recognisable to satches JSX live and studio. Its it the way I eq it, or my bad valveking cab? Any help would be appreciated. This is just JS100 -> Amp (with none of the onboard noisegate) and the fx loop engaged with maximum send and return signal for max power.
Quote by LolCatGuitar
so we assume its the valveking cab...

with the cab situation your OP came across as trolling

sorry.....but it did

otherwise, there are lots of factors here. Git, tubes, FX level, EQ like you said. 'Joe in the studio' and a Valveking cab are not even on the same level at all. EQ to taste and what is in your FX chain?

Edit: are you sure you are not trolling us lolcat?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at May 12, 2011,
The stock VK speakers aren't voiced for anything. Sorry, TS

If I were you I'd cut my losses, sell the VK cab, and look into a used Avatar 2x12.

Or throw some WGS30s and Texas Heats in an X pattern in the Valveking.
Last edited by Helicopters! at May 12, 2011,
i'm not trolling, I just want to know if I can get a solution. It sounds fine, its just not great like it should be.
I have Groove El-34's, mystery pre tubes and nothing in the FX. Pickups in my guitar are a Mo'Joe and PAF Joe. I do have a 32 band eq if that can fix anything...
Quote by LolCatGuitar
i'm not trolling, I just want to know if I can get a solution. It sounds fine, its just not great like it should be.
I have Groove El-34's, mystery pre tubes and nothing in the FX. Pickups in my guitar are a Mo'Joe and PAF Joe. I do have a 32 band eq if that can fix anything...

Try boosting the mids relative to the highs and bass, might help with the clarity.
new cab will do wonders lolcat

i'm pretty sure you know that.

i've owned an avatar 212, valveking combo, splawn 212, and i've played the JSX many times as well as other amps thru the VK cab and I can guarantee you 80% of your tone problems will go away if you get a new cab.

v....forget new speakers just get a new cab. The speaker rec's so far are very good and will apply to lots of different types of music.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at May 12, 2011,
TS, it's not the JSX or your tubes, it's the cab, Valveking speakers are just utter crap, there's no real good solution to make them less frizzy except replace them.

Just save up for some new speakers, or deal with it, that's all you can really do, sorry dude.
Quote by LolCatGuitar
would it make any sense if I had the cab connected and ran the line out into my computer for recording? Would it sound better than say micing up the cab?

If you knew what you were doing with your DAW then yeah, your recordings will sound better preamp out, but if you had a good cab, then micing would be the better choice.

But this only applies for recording.