So I've seen a couple of my fav bands now and live one of them uses a Dunlop Bass Wah on his electric guitar and I really love the sound that comes out of it. So I'am wondering if I were to purchase one, would I have problems playing it on a amp or since bass pedals kick out my power, etc. Would I need a bigger watter amp then 20W? New to pedals and etc.
You should be fine - a bass wah will just have a different frequency range than a standard guitar wah. Input and output should have little/no impact whatsoever.

Just remember; try before you buy..
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
A bass wah will work just fine for guitar, with any amp at all.
EDIT: do you people somehow watch me reach for the Enter key before posting? Because someone always posts like half a second before me.
Quote by Slap-happy
You should be fine - a bass wah will just have a different frequency range than a standard guitar wah. Input and output should have little/no impact whatsoever.

Just remember; try before you buy..

Okay, cheers mate. I will try before I buy if I can find a shop around here that sells one but if not, buy it off net and if it's not to my liking, sell on for a lil loss lol
Quote by AeolianSeventh
A bass wah will work just fine for guitar, with any amp at all.
EDIT: do you people somehow watch me reach for the Enter key before posting? Because someone always posts like half a second before me.

Yes - and what you're doing with your other hand is, quite frankly, disgusting.
HIM do it so I don't see why it shouldn't work?
Fender Jaguar 1994
Gibson Thunderbird

Fender Hot Rod Devile 4x12

Zvex Fuzz Factory
EHX Big Muff
Zvex Box of Rock
Joyo Tremolo
Digitech Whammy
EHX Cathedral
Boss DD3
Boss TU3
Quote by Stuart90
Okay, cheers mate. I will try before I buy if I can find a shop around here that sells one but if not, buy it off net and if it's not to my liking, sell on for a lil loss lol

JUst looked into where you're from - my home turf!

Avoid Soundhouse, it's owned by what I lovingly call "a prick".

Aroundabout Sound on Cheltenham's lower high street should be able to sort you out - failing that try Bristol, if transport's not an issue.
Quote by Slap-happy
JUst looked into where you're from - my home turf!

Avoid Soundhouse, it's owned by what I lovingly call "a prick".

Aroundabout Sound on Cheltenham's lower high street should be able to sort you out - failing that try Bristol, if transport's not an issue.

I try my best to avoid Soundhouse since I never really feel welcome in there and the time I thought about buying a guitar from there, wouldn't let me try it out on a amp, etc. I know what you mean, does seem abit of a prick ha I will try Aroundabout Sound and going Bristol next week has it happens so will look for guitar shops there.
It's been years since I went shopping for gear in Bristol, last I heard Sound Control had gone into administration... (saying that - I haven't set foot in the UK in nearly three years) I assume Mark is still at Aroundabout - big middle-aged guy (great bassist, too).

They certainly used to stock them because a mate bought one there about 8 years ago.
Quote by Slap-happy
It's been years since I went shopping for gear in Bristol, last I heard Sound Control had gone into administration... (saying that - I haven't set foot in the UK in nearly three years) I assume Mark is still at Aroundabout - big middle-aged guy (great bassist, too).

They certainly used to stock them because a mate bought one there about 8 years ago.

Yeah, thinks thats him whos there lol Well I found them on net for £100 but everywhere they seem to be £130 to £150 so if I could just try one out then I know where to buy one from.
I'm guessing the band your talking about is HIM? cause I know Linde uses a bass wah, and it sounds awesome! Very throaty. Considered one myself, but I just love the spring-action switchless-ness of my Tremonti
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
Quote by MickAlmighty
I'm guessing the band your talking about is HIM? cause I know Linde uses a bass wah, and it sounds awesome! Very throaty. Considered one myself, but I just love the spring-action switchless-ness of my Tremonti

Yeah, saw HIM a good couple of times now and always wondered what wah it was until I found in a video of Linde showing his gear what it actually was. Now I got the money to afford one I was wondering if it would be okay to use. Sounds really great and I don't know that any people around me who use one so would give me a good wah sound as to not sounding like others ha
you might want to try the wh-10 of ibanez

has a bass and a guitar setting if you want a guitar wah as well