First off Ive only been playing 7 months and until pretty recently I was mostly focussed on acoustic playing. Anyway I was practising bends on the first string on frets 7 and 8 and I was finding it really difficult to bend past a semitone. Also the note sounded really week and scratchy. Regardless of how hard I pushed I couldnt get past about 3/4 of a tone. I moved onto the string above and at first it felt fine but it seemed to lock up in the same way. When I tried to give it an extra bit of push my first string broke below the one i was trying to bend in exactly the place id benn bending. Ive broken strings before but its always been where I strum and because it took awhile to adapt from acoustic to electric strumming.

I do know correct bending technique and dont seem to have any problem bending in the higher frets.
Bending strings on a acoustic is harder than on a electric. So its a bit of a guitar thing
Have you had the guitar setup? Setting the Truss Rod? Intonation? Checked the frets for exsessive wear? All of this can affect the bends. Also the age and condition of the strings can do it. I would have a GOOD setup done and a good set of strings. When you do the bends are your fingers pretty sore or does it feel ok? If they are sore then I would drop a string gauge until you get use to them and your fingers strengthen up.
Hope this helped

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups

Blues Junior Amp
BlackStar HT Club 40 Amp
im using Ernie Ball super slinkys, the current ones have only been on my guitar 2 weeks. My intonation is fine and the guitar is only 6 months old and i dont really know what youd class as excessive fret wear but it should be so bad already should it?
I found this on another forum and it sounds exactly like my problem

Anyway, I'm having problems with my bottom two strings, B and high E. There's way too much tension on them, and I don't know why. I have them tuned right and the rest of the strings weren't affected, but for some reason these are.

I literally just broke two high E strings back to back while doing a regular one step bend. I noticed they were a little tight but I didn't think anything of it, until two of them broke back to back. Now, I noticed that the B is extremely tight as well.

What's causing this? I have no idea, whatsoever.

No-one could answer this guys problem either
You must have Angered the Guitar God's.

Their Wrath is Swift and unrelenting.

Quick, hum Stairway to Heaven 3 times while hiding under your bed.
dngrsdave

Heavy Metal Thunder
Last edited by dngrsdave at May 12, 2011,
Action was low = Needing a setup. Glad it wasn't nothing major

ESP LTD RZK-600
4 Custom Strats
1 Custom Soloist (Warmoth)
1 Custom Telecaster (Warmoth)
2007 Jimmie Vaughan Sig Strat

Callaham Hardware & Bridges
Fender Custom Shop 69's
Dimarzio Breed Pickups