hey, just looking into a few 7 strings, only really know the obvious brands i.e schecter and ibanez
just made this to get a few ideas really
budget isn't really a problem as this is just for an idea however i wouldn't like to exceed £1000

genres: djent/metal/hardcore/death metal etc
2nd hand Ibanez RG1527 and then use the change to upgrade it.

Fantastic guitars when you look at the quality of the build, materials used and the price they go for, its a no brainer unless it has to be new....

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
doesn't have to be new man i like customising guitars anyway so cheers! haha

edit: although i cant say i'm a fan of floyds! , know any decent string thru 7's?
Last edited by JakeLTD at May 12, 2011,
Ibanez Universe, RG7620, RG1077XL etc. There really are lots of Ibanez' fitting your description here. There's a pretty awesome ESP M-II SL7 on eBay aswell, but it's in Japan and although it's in your budget, customs might mess things up.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
Schecter Jeff Loomis NT?

probably an awesome guitar, i'm just not looking at getting a signature guitar is all man!
Schecter C7 Hellraiser,awesome guitar.

Edit: Blackjack is also great guitar,but I like more EMGs. There is also 2 kinds of C7 Hellraisers,Hellraiser Special has maple neck and just Hellraiser has mahogany neck.
Last edited by Saint_Zg at May 12, 2011,
agile make some good 7 strings, bc rich have a few
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
For my money, LTD MH-417. About £550, neck-through, EMGs, compensated nut, Grover tuners and a neck right between Ibanez and Schecter.
Why are people recommending LTDs and schecters you can get so much better for the money?

and again AGILE FOR THE UK FFFUUU NOOO

Jaden rose series 2 is a good shout.

MIJ Ibanez and actual ESP used is good too.
Although you could probably get 2 MIJ ibanez 7s for 1000
Quote by coolstoryangus
Why are people recommending LTDs and schecters you can get so much better for the money?

and again AGILE FOR THE UK FFFUUU NOOO

Jaden rose series 2 is a good shout.

MIJ Ibanez and actual ESP used is good too.
Although you could probably get 2 MIJ ibanez 7s for 1000

I tried an agile interceptor 7 bought from a friend of mine (now sold)...it was a really nice and well built instrument,for its price was spectacular (Not considering duties ),but IMHO it was not superior to a schecter c-7 or loomis
Carvin 7s are within your price range, and are customizable to boot. You might even have some money left over.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
not if he orders from within the uk they arent.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I priced one out the other day at @$1250USD, and with the current exchange rate (checked last night), 1000£ is @$1650USD...a gap of $400USD. What's the mark-up/tax/premium to get a Carvin in the UK?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Well once you've put the 100-200 dollars for shipping into consideration and the vat and customs fees into alll that... you'd be looking at quite a bit of markup that would drive it over the budget
B.C Rich JRV 7 string
Proudly endorsed by Kamecki Guitars and WBgear!

My guitars:
-B.C Rich NJ Jr.V Deluxe (6 string guitar)
-Kamecki Custom V guitar
The Stephen Carpenter 7 string ain't bad.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209