Aren't jaguars active?
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Quote by doive
Aren't jaguars active?

I really don't know how it works but I need to insert a battery (which I haven't) to use the active.
Could that still be the source of the crackling (although the crackling just randomly started without me changing something I remember).

Edit: BTW, that's 5 words
Quote by zackhack
I really don't know how it works but I need to insert a battery (which I haven't) to use the active.
Could that still be the source of the crackling (although the crackling just randomly started without me changing something I remember).

Edit: BTW, that's 5 words

im a jag owner and its a hybrid.

passive plug is fine

at the top of the bass(closest to you) the switch pushed down away from you. this will make it passive. flipping the switch up makes its have a active eq controlled by the wheels.

the bottom horn staring at the neck going back is neck pup birdge pup parrel and circuit pup control. basically the last one gives a volume boost and more punch.
Quote by th30nlyAket
im a jag owner and its a hybrid.

passive plug is fine

at the top of the bass(closest to you) the switch pushed down away from you. this will make it passive. flipping the switch up makes its have a active eq controlled by the wheels.

the bottom horn staring at the neck going back is neck pup birdge pup parrel and circuit pup control. basically the last one gives a volume boost and more punch.

Thanks for taking the time to explain, but I knew this :P.
I was just unfamiliar with the terminology.

Anyways, I'm starting to think that the crackling is coming from my pickup since it's starting to make very weird sounds once I hit it slightly while playing over play right above it.