Hi guys, I'm abit of a newbie to this site and to the world of customizing guitars and pedals etc.
I'm looking to invest in a pedal so I can get a better sound out of my guitar. (I'd love it to sound like the Arctic Monkeys' guitars on their first album). I'm trying to get an real raw Indie rock kind of sound; if that makes sense.
I've heard of the Big muff pedal?

I have a Fender Telecaster and a 100W Marshall amp.

Any reccomendations or links would be much appreciated,
Thanks,
Hutchy6
Their kind of overdrive is pretty much just a Fender amp with a little bit of cranking. With a muff and a Marshall amp you'll get Smashing Pumpkins.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
is that an mg?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The big muff is a fuzz pedal. Think late '70s Pink Floyd or Smashing Pumpkins.
Last edited by al112987 at May 12, 2011,
Typically when people say they have a "Marshall amp" and don't specify the type it's actually an MG. If that's the case, you can get the tone you want by replacing the amp with a Fender like Reisgar said above. Otherwise a fuzz and some reverb is probably the place to start. The Big Muff is an option for fuzz and for reverb I always like to recommend the EHX Holy Grail.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
I'm really quite a noob guys so sorry if I didn't specify enough. I'm going to have a look at the Holy Grail thing, thanks everyone
There is a neverending list of effects, figure out what types you want first, then figure out which pedals to buy.