Poll: I would rather live...
Poll Options
View poll results: I would rather live...
A.
65 42%
B.
89 58%
Voters: 154.
Page 1 of 2
Ask Kurt Cobain I suppose.

A. Anyway, what does the Pit think? Would you rather go on a mad rollercoaster of a lifestyle, filled with sex, drugs and rock and roll? Live it to the maddest, touch millions and fall victim to a premature death at the age of 27? (Think any "rockstar" here; Vicious, Hendrix, Buckley etc.).

B. Or live a more moderate life? 9-5 job, wife, kids, retirement and death? Nice house, nice car, nice holidays?

Evidently, most people would pick somewhere in the middle.

But, for the sake of the argument, if you to choose between the two, which would you pick?
Probably a but live on to 31
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
B, not even close for me. I'd rather be loved and appreciated, and make a positive impact on, my own family and friends than be world-famous for being a crazy alcoholic.
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Quote by Beautiful
B, not even close for me. I'd rather be loved and appreciated, and make a positive impact on, my own family and friends than be world-famous for being a crazy alcoholic.
Still... would be pretty epic (whilst it lasts of course).
B.
Of course I'd still be in a small band on the side, something about still playing metal at 70 makes me chuckle.
No one would remember any good of you for being a drug and sex crazed maniac (see Charlie Sheen). I'd rather be forgotten then remembered for how much heroin they found in me when they ran an autopsy on me. I'll take a family and kids that I truly love over that any day.
Forgive them Father, they know not what they do.
If I was with people I loved, and my life wasn't totally meaningless, I wouldn't mind dying young. I'm scared of growing old anyway.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
I'd be interested to know the ages and relationship statuses of the people voting...I have a feeling that many/most of those voting for "A" are young and single. I may be totally wrong though

Quote by laid-to-waste
extremely attractive
oh baby
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55

I don't want to live to be as old as Jackal.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
I don't want to live to become a burden for neither myself nor my kids/friends by becoming dement and insane and just lie in a hospital bed.

Neither do I want to die when I'm 27 as that's pretty ****ing close on.

Something in between. I try to enjoy myself as much as possible all the time but I don't really wanna fade away.

The song My My Hey Hey is however a fabolous song so I'll just post a link of it;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY5x8pF512k

I can't really vote for neither then I assume. I wanna die at around 60 or so, I don't want to become limited because of my physical incabability of being active and moving and walking around.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at May 12, 2011,
deffinatly B. I'd still have fun but it would be spread out more and not quite as chaotic and fast as A. Maybe go drinking every week/month instead of everyday.

You have to be realistic, unless you're slash and do all the things in A but somehow survive 40+ years?
It's not how big your pencil is; it's how you write your name.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13

I don't want to live to be as old as Jackal.

That can be arranged.

Dieing sucks.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Beautiful
I'd be interested to know the ages and relationship statuses of the people voting...I have a feeling that many/most of those voting for "A" are young and single. I may be totally wrong though

I'm young and single and I chose B, but then by the time I'm old and have been with someone for 40 years I'll be singing a different tune.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
TS, it's really funny you should ask this question because there's this Neil Young song... hey, wait a minute. Oooohhhh, I see what you did there.
Quote by Jackal58
That can be arranged.

Dieing sucks.

Pfft, are you going to beat me to death with your walking stick?
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Pfft, are you going to beat me to death with your walking stick?

Don't be naive, he's going to crush you in the mechanism of his stair-lift your no-good-fur-nuthin-punk!
I'd love to live life to the fullest and live forever (aka pull off an ozzy) but between those two options, I'd go with A. I love sex, drugs, and rock n roll. Also, touching millions of people with my music sounds better than living to be a long, average life. Besides, who said that I HAVE to die thanks to a drug overdose? It could be a car crash. Either way, dying young ensures that you are never forgotten, man.
Quote by sticksause
I'd love to live life to the fullest and live forever (aka pull off an ozzy) but between those two options, I'd go with A. I love sex, drugs, and rock n roll. Also, touching millions of people with my music sounds better than living to be a long, average life. Besides, who said that I HAVE to die thanks to a drug overdose? It could be a car crash. Either way, dying young ensures that you are never forgotten, man.

Yeah, dying young and living on in peoples minds sounds great. Good luck, Achilles.
Quote by Todd Hart
Yeah, dying young and living on in peoples minds sounds great. Good luck, Achilles.

you got me. I really was thinking about that lol
Quote by sticksause

Just think about it. Who really sits down and goes ''Man I really ****ing miss <famous dead rockstar>'' Other than their family ? Sure you may have made some great music but people move on, no-one is going to mourn you forever. You die and that's the end sucka'
Quote by sticksause

Who says you can't be remembered when you died after living a long life?

Or do you wanna be remembered for dying young? Then go do something about it now.

It's what you do with your life not at what age you die at.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
A, except instead of dying, I'd just not go crazy anymore.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Beautiful

19. Single. Voted for B haha.
Quote by fender_696

His band became instantly more renowned after his suicide.

I have no idea who that is.
Quote by Todd Hart
I have no idea who that is.
Ian Curtis.

From Joy Division. They went on to become New Order.
Quote by fender_696
Ian Curtis.

From Joy Division. They went on to become New Order.

I can name one song from Joy Division and none from New Order. And I think I've spoken to friends about Joy Division and most of them looked bemused.
Quote by RU Experienced?
I aspire to shoot myself in the face with a shotgun if that's what you're getting at.

Wouldn't hit a vital organ.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Beautiful

Sounds just about right

Damn you and your cleverness!
I remember watching a documentary about Pete Doherty and, at the end, some chap says something along the lines of:

"I can't see him (Doherty) getting clean any time soon. He's shagging the world's biggest supermodel (Kate Moss at the time) and he's playing to thousands of adoring fans every night. Why on earth would he want to change that?!"

And I think there's a point there. Same for Sheen. Though some people might think he's gone off the rails and a bit sad, from his point of view, he's probably having the time of his life!
Quote by Zanon
Just think about it. Who really sits down and goes ''Man I really ****ing miss <famous dead rockstar>'' Other than their family ? Sure you may have made some great music but people move on, no-one is going to mourn you forever. You die and that's the end sucka'

It's not about people mourning me. People are still talking about Hendrix and Morrison and it's not just their family.

Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Who says you can't be remembered when you died after living a long life?

Or do you wanna be remembered for dying young? Then go do something about it now.

It's what you do with your life not at what age you die at.

1) No one. In this case though, who is going to remember someone who lived a long average life life? That's what the topic is.

2) I don't wanna be remembered for dying young. I want to be remembered for making awesome music and not for working a 9-5 job and having a pet golden retriever.

3) See above.
A.

Why? Well because of Radiohead's "No Surprises":

"A heart that's full up like a landfill
A job that slowly kills you
Bruises that won't heal

You look so tired and unhappy
Bring down the government
They don't, they don't speak for us
I'll take a quiet life
A handshake of carbon monoxide

No alarms and no surprises
Silent, silent

This is my final fit, my final bellyache with

No alarms and no surprises please

Such a pretty house, such a pretty garden

No alarms and no surprises (let me out of here)
No alarms and no surprises please (let me out of here)"
Isn't it a pity?
Now, isn't it a shame?
How we break each other's hearts,
And cause each other pain...

"Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it." - John Lennon
Quote by TriviumisEpic
19. Single. Voted for B haha.

By young, I more meant 13-16 year olds

But thanks for the data, and enjoy the spam I shall shortly be sending you!

Quote by laid-to-waste
extremely attractive
oh baby
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
B

If it's in terms of fame or how your name is remembered, take a look at guys like David Gilmour or Neil Young who are still ripping it at their old age. Not everyone who does drugs turns into Keith Richards
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
Quote by 007dude
A.

Why? Well because of Radiohead's "No Surprises":

"A heart that's full up like a landfill
A job that slowly kills you
Bruises that won't heal

You look so tired and unhappy
Bring down the government
They don't, they don't speak for us
I'll take a quiet life
A handshake of carbon monoxide

Silent, silent

This is my final fit, my final bellyache with

No alarms and no surprises please

Such a pretty house, such a pretty garden

No alarms and no surprises please (let me out of here)"

Seriously?
You're choice is based on a song that basically says 'The quiet kind of life will break your soul' ?
Page 1 of 2