i have a question on this its similar. I know how to play chords, but i dont know how to match them by ear. What i mean is like Am -> C -> Em...by my (newb) ear they match... But which chord like that Matches with F or Bm..
you mean like making progressions?
well sir you are off to a long discovery into music theory and key signatures
so if we are in F major there is one flat and it is Bb so the chords would be
F-gmin-amin-Bbmaj-Cmaj-dmin-Edim-F
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
The chords that selkies indicated are a basic progression for Fmaj. Just follow the notes and the pattern:

F  G   A  Bb  C  D  E
I ii  iii IV  V vi vii*

That's the pattern for a major key. All the uppercase letters indicate the chord is major while lower case is minor. The chord with the * is a min7b5 or a diminished chord. So you get the chords F Gm Am Bb C Dm Edim. For a minor key (I'll use D minor to keep it simple) it becomes:

D  E   F  G  A Bb  C
i ii* III iv v VI VII

Just follow those patterns for now and once you get used to those and you learn more theory, you'll have a pretty good knowledge of what will and will not sound good and you can start adding 7th chords, sus chords, add9, add11, 13, etc.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.