Hey guys!

So I've been playing guitar for 12 years now, and I've had my main axe (Cort Z Custom) for maybe 7 years, and also a Dean Dime-o-flame which i have had for 4 years. I play mainly metal, but am getting more into the fusion sort of stuff (thanks to Guthrie ><").

The Cort is in perfect condition apart from all the hardware, which is all extremely tarnished, and the pickups are rusting rather badly. To replace all of the hardware (new bridge, pickup surrounds, pickups, tuning peggs, strap locks, input jack... all of it) it's going to cost me around $1000 AUD.

I only really use my cort, and the dean is in near mint condition.. my question is, do I sell up and maybe save for something that will last me for any genre (suhr modern is looking nice), or do I just mod out my cort or dean.

Musical preferences are metal through to fusion/jazz, Peavey JSX amp so rather versatile there, budget is up to $4000 AUD if i sell both guitars and will buy second hand, $1500 to do any modifications with.

Cort specs - http://www.cortguitars.com/_webapp_2726498/Z-Custom#

Dean specs - http://www.deanguitars.com/dime_o_flame_ml.htm

Cheers!
I'm fine with selling it.. There's a second hand Suhr Carve Top Standard at my local guitar centre for $3000 AUD.. It's really tempting.. but a Suhr up for second hand..? something must be wrong with it I'm guessing.. espescially for that price?
Quote by Creation23
I'm fine with selling it.. There's a second hand Suhr Carve Top Standard at my local guitar centre for $3000 AUD.. It's really tempting.. but a Suhr up for second hand..? something must be wrong with it I'm guessing.. espescially for that price?

I have the same logic, but where are you buying from? Any authorized dealer of Suhr should be fairly reputable.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
^looks like he is in australia

Quote by Creation23

Hey man, when th economy is down people sell things. You'll have to play the guitar to find out for yourself how it feels to you and find out if there is something wrong with it.
I played it, was the most amazing guitar i have ever played Is a lot of money for a guitar still.. What sort of reputation does Suhr have around here, ie: reliability and build quality? According to the Suhr forums they're beyond anything else, but that is the official site for Suhr so.. maybe a bit bias.

Yes it played amazingly, but from people here, is it worth the money (I realise this is a preference question)?