Quote by Tom 1.0

This man speaks the truth. The ML1 is some of the best price/quality out there. This one in particular looks like a steal.
I wouldn't use a Vintage branded guitar if it were the last one on earth.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at May 12, 2011,
I play anything from paramore to kings of leon. I dont know anything about guitar brands. What's wrong with vintage?
Just buy the ML1.

Will do everything you want perfectly.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by hellybelly
I play anything from paramore to kings of leon. I dont know anything about guitar brands. What's wrong with vintage?

Nothing. Perfectly acceptable guitars and far from the worst guitars in the world like that guy said.
Quote by hellybelly

I just don't like Vintage guitars very much. I tried most of their models in a store - the sound isn't very good unless you pile on the effects, in my opinion that is. You may find them the best thing since sliced bread.

Vintage are by no means the worst guitar brand ever, but there are a LOT of better options out there.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
"anything from paramore to kings of leon" isn't that wide a range. That's a fairly specific and standard kind of tone and honestly I wouldn't suggest either the Vintage or the ML1 for it. The "paramore to kings of leon" tone is more from a semi-hollow guitar or a pretty old school Fender style of guitar paired with very low output humbuckers or warm Telecaster pickups. Any kind of Thinline Telecaster, Telecaster Deluxe, Jazzmaster or Gibson ES style guitar would be perfect. Squier make some affordable versions, as do Epiphone and Vintage. Vintage's cheapest guitars DO suck but their Advance range are pretty good.
Quote by grohl1987
"anything from paramore to kings of leon" isn't that wide a range. That's a fairly specific and standard kind of tone and honestly I wouldn't suggest either the Vintage or the ML1 for it. The "paramore to kings of leon" tone is more from a semi-hollow guitar or a pretty old school Fender style of guitar paired with very low output humbuckers or warm Telecaster pickups. Any kind of Thinline Telecaster, Telecaster Deluxe, Jazzmaster or Gibson ES style guitar would be perfect. Squier make some affordable versions, as do Epiphone and Vintage. Vintage's cheapest guitars DO suck but their Advance range are pretty good.

lol wut?

Find a better guitar for under £200 for him then.

The ML1 can do warm tones easily, its a mahogany guitar with low output pups in it, aye its not a thinline tele but its a versatile enough guitar to cover the range of tones he wants.

I could be a dick and say those bands tones is so over produced I could sound the same as them using an EMG equipped Explorer and a Pod But I wont.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by hellybelly
thanks for your replys. oh and it's a her not a him. lol

*runs and hides*

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Yeah the ML1 is a really good choice here. If you can find a nice Dot Studio used that'd work too, though I have no idea how they're priced over there.

Quote by hellybelly
thanks for your replys. oh and it's a her not a him. lol

Now, watch your profile views skyrocket.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?