Can some one tell me how I would go about removing the pick guard from this guitar:

I need to get into the wiring to fix a connection, but I can't get the pick guard off. The main problem seems to be where the TOM screws in. The metal 'slots' (for lack of a better word) are over the pick guard, meaning I can't get the pick guard off around them, and they don't seem to want to come out of the guitar.

Help would be very much appreciated.
Unscrewing the bridge part thingy would be needed, you then prabaly have to pull the tone knobs off and unscrew and the bolts from the input jack. It should be easy to do, they wouldn't make it so the guitar breaks if you had to repair it.
I love Prog, +1 for synth solos and songs about maggie thatcher.

Gear:

Geddy Lee Jazz (Black )
Fender Rumble 100 (It lights up )
MXR Auto-Wah (Purple... )
Boss Bass Overdrive (I can almsot sound like Chris Wolstenholme )
Why would you need to remove the tone knobs or the input jack? They should be bolted to the pickguard.

You should just have to remove every screw and then remove the two post screws of the TOM.
Quote by Wylde_Life
Why would you need to remove the tone knobs or the input jack? They should be bolted to the pickguard.

You should just have to remove every screw and then remove the two post screws of the TOM.

That's what I was thinking.

I removed all the screws, except the ones holding the pick-ups to pick guard, and removed the TOM. What was stopping it coming off however was the parts that were put into the body of the guitar, and had the inside threaded for the TOM to screw into.
Take a screw with a flat head that's just small enough to fit down the hole of the insert(s). Take it and cut it down so that you can start to thread a post in but it hits the screw soon. Then turn your posts in. The idea is that the screw in posts instead of screwing in are held up by the screw setting on the bottom so they pull the insert out. I've done it before and my tips are avoid anything pokey to stick down the hole, it's easy to get stuff that just pushes into the wood in the bottom and gets stuck (been there done that with a super tight test hole, had to cut the 2x4 off the insert!!!!).