Since it's a clone, I'd imagin it'd be almost the same size as the original. The original DOD 250 looks to me like a compact pedal and most compact pedals are in the area of 2"-3".
I have a DOD Death Metal(not in use) and it's 3" wide.
Judging by this and the original pedal, it's approximately 2-3/4"x2-5/8".
This is just my assumption based on intuition.
If you are looking for what size of enclosure you'd need this should help.

If you want the actual dimensions, contact PigeonFX and ask them.
..I was watching my death.
I doubt it will be the exact same size, while most schematics cannot be copyrighted, the layout can be, and typically are. However, contacting the company is a good idea.
Quote by blandguitar
I doubt it will be the exact same size, while most schematics cannot be copyrighted, the layout can be, and typically are. However, contacting the company is a good idea.

It most likely will not be the same size, but it will be within half of an inch. Anything bigger and it's not really so much of a clone of the PCB anymore, it'd be more of an oversized knockoff of a DOD 250 PCB.
Quote by blandguitar
It's not a clone of the PCB, but of the schematic. .5" can be a big difference inside certain enclosures.

It says specifically "Vintage PCB Clone".
Anyways, enough arguing. It's very silly to argue over something like this.

TS, contact PigeonFX. That's the only way unless by chance someone who purchased this PCB comes along and posts here which I believe is unlikely.
Quote by blandguitar
It's not a clone of the PCB, but of the schematic. .5" can be a big difference inside certain enclosures.

It is indeed an exact clone of the DOD250 board. That's PigeonFX's niche. They also sell PCBs for a Tonebender MK III, Fuzz Face, Supa Fuzz, Big Muff, etc. He started off over on FSB.

It's probably something around 2"x2" since it's square and fits in a 1590B. For exact measurements, Brook's quick to reply and I'd just ask him.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
It was my understanding of copyright that the PCB artwork is considered art and falls under that copyright. Interesting.

As for the size of the PCB. Print out the PCB and resize it so the IC fits the pads.
And copyrights on PCB designs expire just like every other copyright. Since EHX/Marshall/DOD never attempted to renew those designs, they're now in the public domain.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

How long is a copyright good for?

Mind you I'm not trying to start an argument. Just curious.
Last edited by Griffin Effects at May 13, 2011,
I'm not sure what it was at the time but now I believe it's 70 years or something similar. However, if a company disbands or doesn't pursue anyone infringing on their copyrights, it becomes near impossible to enforce.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Plagiarized from the U.S. Copyright website:

# Published from 1923 to 1963 - When published with no notice - now in public domain

# Published from 1964 to 1977 - When published with notice - copyright protection lasts 28 years for first term; automatic extension of 67 years for second term for a total of 95 years.

# Created before 1/1/1978 but not published - copyright notice is irrelevant - copyright protection lasts for the life of author and 70 years or 12/31/2002, whichever is greater

# Created before 1/1/1978 and published between 1/1/1978 and 12/31/2002 - notice is irrelevant - copyright protecion lasts the life of author and 70 years or 12/31/2047, whichever is greater

# Created 1/1/1978 or after - When work is fixed in tangible medium of expression - notice is irrelevant - copyright protecion lasts for the life of author and 70 years based on the the longest living author if jointly created or if work of corporate authorship, works for hire, or anonymous and pseudonymous works, the shorter of 95 years from publication, or 120 years from creation.

Sure it has to be enforced by the original "artist" or property owner which is unlikely to happen. It then becomes a question of ethics.

Anyway, this has strayed off topic and I apologize. At least I offered a solution to size the board in an earlier post.
The DOD boards are 500x550mm (give or take 5mm as they are hand cut).

Hope this helps?

Brook