a bass player buddy of mine wants to set his rig up like billy sheehan(2 output jacks on his bass, 1 going to an amp with a low eq and the other going to an amp with a more trebley tone)

i told him to just build a pedal that splits the signal instead of modding all of his basses

anyways, would wiring it just like this work or would it kill the signal somehow... ?

out
out in
Should do i guess!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

Would halve the signal, which might be a bit inconvenient.

If you put in a couple of op-amps you could boost the signal to each output, and have a boost knob for each, using the op-amp to add a bit more gain (not the crunchy kind).

EDIT: Alternatively, just buy an A/B/Y pedal.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Last edited by Baarmy_Sheep at May 12, 2011,
just buy an ABY splitter and run it backwards, one lead into the bass and the other two leads into the low/high amp inputs.

/problem solved.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
That'll work. But I think Billy Sheehan has more going on in his bass. They might split the pickups or something.
Quote by inkandlead
That'll work. But I think Billy Sheehan has more going on in his bass. They might split the pickups or something.

The P-bass pickup is split so that lower strings go to a clean amp, and higher strings to a driven one.
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100