i havent played guitar in about a year and after recently turning on my vox valvetronix ad100vt-xl i found that it no longer has any distortion, turning the gain knob only lowers or highers the volume, everything else works on it though, any ideas on whats wrong?
make sure your turning pre gain not post gain, and check what settings its on
I just looked at this amp on the internet, so I don't know much about it, but did you make sure that your "AMP" Knob was set to a distorted amplifier?

If it isn't, then you are probably change the gain on a clean amp, which only raises/lowers the volume.
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Quote by Nelli2881
i havent played guitar in about a year and after recently turning on my vox valvetronix ad100vt-xl i found that it no longer has any distortion, turning the gain knob only lowers or highers the volume, everything else works on it though, any ideas on whats wrong?

So you're on manual mode? Make sure you are not on a clean preset for the amp model, it even has an effect in manual. Set it to a high gain amp with manual, THEN control it.
yes i have tryed all this, ive been using the amp for quite a while before i last stopped playing so its not something so simple as this, non of the vox presets (such as modern, damaged, thrash, etc..) have any distortion to them, when i switch it to manual mode it doesn't have distortion either with the only gain knob turned all the way up, even my heavy distorted preset that i personally saved on there comes out clean now
any other ideas guys? i was planning on selling it cuz i really need the money but obviously like this i wont get much lol
This is truly bizarre. I honestly have no idea what happened, dude. I've never even heard of this happening. I'm assuming it's a bug in the DSP section of the amp, because there's no other way that would have happened.

Does the tone's character change when you go through the different models, or is it all the same flavor of clean?
is the tube in it out, i think those valvetronix have a tube but i don't know if the distortion is dependent upon it.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
is the tube in it out, i think those valvetronix have a tube but i don't know if the distortion is dependent upon it.

I'm not sure if anyone knows besides Vox/Korg. In the manual for my AD15VT (which is hella old compared to the newfangled ones with more models and effects and presets, even compared to the VT-XL series), they claim it does, but it's very likely that it's all just marketing bullshit.

Doesn't keep it from sounding pretty damned good, though. Although my HD500 shits all over it.
Quote by Nelli2881
when i flip thru vox's presets it does appear to change the tone

Have you tried a factory reset?
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Also try cleaning all the inputs with deoxit including the fx loop.
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean