Hello all, i have just got what i think is a bargain.

I have just bought a ibanez guitar, but not sure what model it it. Could someone tell me what it is.

I have paid £75 for this guitar and going to use it as another project guitar for setting it up with.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110685727579&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_717wt_1139
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
pretty sure its an GRG170DX

just under £200/$320 if bought new, not a good guitar but would do for spares or parts i guess
Well i bought it to practise set ups, putting bow parts on, re painting and stuff like that.

They could be good if money was invested in it right?
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Last edited by avenge the rage at May 12, 2011,
yeh for £75 thats not bad but i saw the ebay pics and it looks abit beat up, change the pickups and sort out any damage and it'll probably be an alright guitar
im going to take off all the paint and lacqure it as just wood. Im thinking of putting some SD Blackouts in it =)
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
i did that with my strat and it looks pretty sweet, if the wood looks alright underneath, and use a chemical paint stripper, i tried sanding the paint off and it took ages and wasnt the high a quality job. some blackouts would be good in it i imagine
What would you recommend to get the paint off? Would i strip it slightly and then use what?
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
just some normal paint stripper from a hardware store and that'll have all the instructions on, and then when the paint's off give it a quick smooth over with some sand paper (theres a thin wax layer inder the paint but aslong as thats smooth you wont have to take it off) also most paint strippers wont do any damage to the wood. should be able to get all the paint off in one or two goes with the stuff
so just leave it dipped in it? will i need the laqure off first?
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
most of them will be strong enough to take the laquer off aswell but you just kinda paint the stuff on, leave it for a while and then use a plastic scraper to get the metled painty goo off
Ah cool, i might do that, guessing i will need to take all electronics out even though it should evaporate.
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
yeh just take it apart completely, and if you have the blackouts by that point you can put them in straight after your done with the painting stuff
i already have them mate, took them out of a different guitar of mine
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
nice, let me know when its done and get some pics up or someting, sounds like it'll be good. im off, c ya
Cool mate will do, i still need to do a NGD for my last guitar i got, just not had time
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals: