Is this real?

Or is it a photoshop job?

I swear, if they made a No cutaway Les Paul, I would mount a second Pickup selector on the other side to make them symmetrical, and so they would be a face...

Also, did they ever make Les Pauls, where the Single Cut is at the Top of the Guitar?

That would look weird, but I wouldn't be surprised, seeing how Gibson has been "re-inventing" their guitars...

(Reverse V, I'm looking at you...)
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Last edited by Joe-Floyd-lover at May 12, 2011,
there would be absolutely no point in putting the cutaway on the bass side. I have no idea if that is a photoshop or real, it could be a custom guitar.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by the_perdestrian
there would be absolutely no point in putting the cutaway on the bass side. I have no idea if that is a photoshop or real, it could be a custom guitar.

Oh, I know there would be no point, it would look different though..

I don't usually play on the high frets (16 and Up) anyway..
Gear:
Fender FSR Standard Stratocaster SSS (MIM Gilmour Black Strat) -
Agile AL-2000 CSB -
Fender Super Champ XD -
Homemade Talkbox -
THE BORG COLLECTIVE
Quote by Joe-Floyd-lover

Also, did they ever make Les Pauls, where the Single Cut is at the Top of the Guitar?

That would look weird, but I wouldn't be surprised, seeing how Gibson has been "re-inventing" their guitars...

(Reverse V, I'm looking at you...)

You could always take a left-handed Les Paul and play it right-handed. Of course then the pots will be on the top side as well.
REGGIE
These are real. Pat Smear of Foo Fighters plays a non-cutaway Goldtop.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
that image looks photshopped to me but i know they do exist.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
they exist but this one is obviously photoshopped, just look at the strange darker shade on the side where the cutaway usually is. looks bit to fishy too me. also is it me or is this les paul on a diet? my les paul is way fatter in her waist xD
They are made as custom shop guitars somewhere. I'll imagine the pickguard would look different, though, if there even is one. This one looks shooped to me.

PS. I agree that it'd be pointless to remove the cutaway on a Les Paul, I'll imagine it would play somewhat more like a classical guitar though, from the way the one in the OP looks.
Horrendous upper fret access, though.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
its not photoshopped they're a custom order. usually for sole rhythm players or weird jazz players. they do look stupid and i dont know why anyone would want one.