I have a Epiphone Lp and Sx gg5 (like the 335 semi hollow) and wondering about swapping the pickups out on them. Was thinking these Seymour Duncans for the SX and two dimarzio dp163 bluesbuckers for the Lp.

I'll be playing alternative and rock/blues on the Lp ie zeppelin, muse, clapton, gnr.
But the SX will be more for chordy poppy stuff maybe some jazz.

First of all you guys think these are good choices of pickups and for those guitars/styles? Is there any harm in getting the same two pickups into the Lp or should i get two different ones?

Opinions and comments well appreciated! thanks in advance
I'd say that's a pretty good choice, but first I gotta ask: amp?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Using a marshall mg50 atm but looking into getting a vox ac15 soon. If I find the Vox is ok for handling the Muse stuff which it will prob will be, I'll get ridda the marshall altogether :p
buy the amp first before changing to pickups.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
buy the amp first before changing to pickups.

+1, especially with that amp. Don't waste your money until you have a decent amp.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
you might end up really liking how the Vox sounds with the guitars just being stock. Save yourself some money and don't get new pickups unless you are sure you will like the tone more if you change them. Enough to warrent shelling out a couple hunderd more dollars for the pickups. Get the amp first.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
ok well I've been told thanks guys I'll do that. But just so I don't have to ask later would these be recommended?
Entirely up to you. For the Epi, i suggest checking out Dimarzio's PAF replicas, or mabye Seymour Duncan's Antiquity or Seth Lover, but that's just my opinion. But your own choice of pickups is pretty good though.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at May 12, 2011,
Thanks I'll check them out but will defo take your advice on getting the amp first. Cheers everyone!