So...I have a Digitech Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion Pedal that I borrowed form my friend (he's using his new Bad Monkey) and for some reason it won't turn on....I have everything plugged in (the input, output, and the power plug) and it still won't turn on, the sound still goes through it (like the Bypass is always on). I even have a charged 9 volt in it and it still doesn't work....can anyone help? D:
open the pedal cover/battery compartment and try changing the position of the battery. Digitech pedals are really finicky that way
Did you try using a 9v power supply that you plug into your wall outlet?
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
Yeah, and the 9V has a full charge (not that it's rechargable, just saying it's not dead)
I had a Digitech grunge pedal that started doing that, and I didnt use batteries I used the 9v wall adapter.

It appeared to just work when it wanted to. Somtimes the light would come on and it would work and other times it would just play clean but when I put the drive on it would just mute.

Sometimes it would work, I'd just be playing and the distortion would just fade out and stop working. Pissed me off so I threw it, it started working agian and to to this day it still just works when it wants to. Your not the only other person I've stumbled across that had a similar problem.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Take the base plate off - see if there's any obvious damage (burn marks on the pcb or loose connections) - if not spray it with switch cleaner and leave open for an hour. Screw the base plate on and it "should" work.

Failing that, hope your friend has the warranty or if either of you know anyone that's handy with repairs.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
What cable are you using? My fancy planet waves cable won't allow pedals to turn on for some weir reason(must be something with the jack)
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
Quote by Bobfred75
uhm....I don't have any 'switch cleaner'...anything else I can use?

Switch cleaner is a spray that would cost no more that a couple of bucks from Radio Shack, Tandy, office supply or electronics stores - just a dry-spray.
Quote by Slap-happy
Switch cleaner is a spray that would cost no more that a couple of bucks from Radio Shack, Tandy, office supply or electronics stores - just a dry-spray.

Also known as contact cleaner, very cheap, and IMO miracle spray
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Also known as contact cleaner, very cheap, and IMO miracle spray

Indeed.
That stuff has saved me a fortune over the last 15 or so years. Even had a couple of beers bought for me by friends who were worried about their pedals dying and thinking that is was a major hassle to repair or replace. "I'll have a look... there we go, good as new..."
I wouldn't take it apart, the Hardwire pedals don't use your typical resistor and cap set up, from what I could tell when I opened up my Valvedistortion, it's all chips and stuff, not a single resistor from what I could tell.

Try just using the 9 volt battery, and see if that works.
Quote by Slap-happy
Indeed.
That stuff has saved me a fortune over the last 15 or so years. Even had a couple of beers bought for me by friends who were worried about their pedals dying and thinking that is was a major hassle to repair or replace. "I'll have a look... there we go, good as new..."

My sister dropped her phone in the toilet once. Pulled it out, gave it a good spray with some contact cleaner and left it over night, the next day it was good as new.
Seriously what is it with women and dropping there phones in the toilet?!
My sister has done it multiple times HOW?!
I have friends who have dropped their phones in the toilet numerous times, funny all of them are females
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Do they keep them in their back pockets?
Just thinking that they have to drop their trousers every time...
but we don't drop our wallets in the toilet all the time so it can't be that
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

Quote by lbj273
but we don't drop our wallets in the toilet all the time so it can't be that

Guys wear jeans that actually fit though, girls wear those super tight jeans with tiny pockets, then they try and shove a big phone in their pocket, and it sticks out, like they have a tumor in their ass.
idk man in all my days of checking out ass I can't say I've seen a ton of phones in their back pocket
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020

If the pedal won't turn on you might have fried the circuit with an improper power supply. I learned this the hard way...thankfully only with a pedal made by my dad and not one I paid a ton for. Most pedals need an adapter with a negative center pin. I used a positive. Fried....
Quote by ethan_hanus
Then you haven't seen enough ass then, cause they do it all the time here in Texas.

A friend did it a few times back home and she said that's why it happened to her.

As for the topic in hand - have any of the suggestions been attempted?
Well, I tried the battery and the cleaner, but none of it's working :/ I think I might've fried it seeing as I don't know what a negative center pin is.....