What would be the optimal order of recording all of these instruments, granted not all are always playing in the songs at the same time? (I will be recording all of these) I would assume it would be best to do all parts that use the same instrument of each song before changing for consistency in tone. I have already tracked the drums.

1) Rhythm Distorted guitar (double tracked)
2) Lead Distorted guitar
3) Clean lead guitar
4) Acoustic guitar
5) Bass
6) Keys/Piano (lead/chords)
7) Atmospheric keys/guitar

I would assume 1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 3, 2, but let me know what you guys think. Also, any comments on when to pan/EQ would be appreciated. I have read it's best to pan after recording each instrument and EQ everything at the end. Thanks
typically you would go from lowest frequency to highest, so start with bass. but it doesnt really matter that much
I like to record my bass first because it helps to keep everything on time. The bass usually follows the drums and the drums usually lead the beat. Looking at your list I'd say next thing should be either 4, 6, or 7 depending on how much of the rhythm they do.
There are really no rules here. Ideally, you would track everything at once, but seeing as you're playing it all yourself, it really depends on you and the parts your playing. For instance, it wouldnt make sense to record the piano part first if it only plays in the first and last parts of the song. If the all play through the entire thing, just play the one thats easiest to lock into a click track.

As for panning/EQing (compression? Reverb? Delay? ... ) there are no rules there either. The song you're recording might call for some panning or slight EQing early in the process, but nothing is set in stone. You can always go back and change it. I personally keep things simple when I'm recording and just pan Drums as you would see them (Over heads to the left and right, each drum a little off-centre depending on its position), Piano in a stereo spread, Bass middle guitars left and right, vox centre. But once it gets more (or less) complicated than that those conventions need tweaking.

Experiment with your methods. You might start panning stuff and find after you've finished the recording that that guitar doesnt fit there. Keep your mind open to change.
Quote by guy_tebache
Ideally, you would track everything at once, ...

Why? Tracking everything at once makes sense for some songs and some genres, but not everything. And i wouldnt call it the ideal method for most things.

as for recording order, you have to do what makes the most sense for the song. i dont have any idea what each of those 7 tracks is going to be doing at any one point, so its hard to say what makes sense to do. it usually makes sense to lay down rhythm tracks first. so drums, bass, backing guitar, piano chords and similar. then comes leads, then overdubs and atmospheric stuff. vocals for me go before or after the leads, depending on the song.

i usually start at the beinning as well. so if the first verse is clean, i record clean rhythm first, and then work my way through the sections of the song that use that clean tone, skipping ones that dont. then hit your next tone for that instrument/track, and record all those parts. thats what works well for me.

but the general idea is to lay a foundation that the rest of the instruments can follow and work with instead of trying to play along to something that isnt enough.
Quote by jof1029
Why? Tracking everything at once makes sense for some songs and some genres, but not everything. And i wouldnt call it the ideal method for most things.

^ that.

It really doesn't matter the order. Shit, sometimes I have bands record guitars and pianos before the drums so the drummer has a better idea of the feel of the song. Whatever works.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.