Right, i wanna know. in a cabinet, how much of the sound is the speakers, as opposed to the cabinet itself. What i mean is, if i were to buy an orange 2x12, how would it compare to if i put the same speakers into my 1936?
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

the V30's are a bit less stiff, more responsive, more of mids spike, pronounced attack. cuts in the mix, but also can be 'a bit much'. the T-75 is a bit more stiff, sits in the mix more, has more of a flat response.

the orange ppc212 (closed back) has quite a bit more internal air space. this should lower the resonance frequency of the speakers (this equates to more low end response), and also has effects on the speaker's damping and internal reflections.

a 1936 cab with V30's in comparison to a stock orange ppc212 closed back would have the marshall cab sounding a bit more mids focused, more attack. the feedback in a marshall 1936 would be a bit more abusive and not quite as musical and mellow as the ppc212 (this has to do with the resonance frequencies).

what amp you run? i'd think about a couple G12M-25's in your 1936 if you want something more responsive. the G12M-25 will have an earlier breakup (great for dynamic response tones) and has a woody and responsive tone. the G12M's have a 'huge tone' feel for smaller amps/volumes as well.

if you want a real sweet speaker setup for your 1936 get:

(1) Weber ceramic Silver Bell rated at 100 watts
(1) Weber alnico Blue Dog rated at 60 watts

they are copies of old pre-rola speakers. that combo gives a great response and rolloff/trailoff that is awesome. i run this combo in my ppc212 that i use on most of my clips.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I'm running a TSL100 head into it at the minute, but i'm buying an orange TH30 in the near future. I play pretty high gain stuff. Not metal, but pretty fat rhythm parts. Reckon the blue dog would be any good for that sort of stuff? i've seen people putting em into ac30s and stuff!
Gear:-
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall DSL50 (In the process of modding!)
Fender 2x12 Deville
Marshall 1960 (V30's)
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson SG Special
Fender 'Marcus Miller' Jazz Bass

My Band
Juturna

63.42756%

nah just kidding. it's hard to put an exact figure on anything. certainly the enclosure is very important.

weber are very very expensive to get here in the UK. Not saying they're not nice speakers (I haven't tried them but they have an excellent rep), but yeah, you have to pay for them here

What about tayden? Haven't tried those either, but they're made in the UK and are reasonably priced. Meant to be pretty nice, I think.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
damn, didn't see TS was in UK. sorry dude.

the blue dogs by themselves actually tend to be quite bright and maybe even shrill, but the mix with the silver bell real well to give a 'full' tone.

but the G12M-25 thing won't work for ya cuz they won't have the wattage rating in a 2x12 form. i'd say you should try and find a V30 setup you can play through and see if you like it. i don't prefer V30's myself, but they should cut in the mix and be a bit more responsive than the T-75's you are running now. they just might be your flavor, and because they are used as OEM parts for many cabs they should be fairly easy to try-before-you-buy.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by gumbilicious
damn, didn't see TS was in UK. sorry dude.

no worries gumbi

I really want to try some webers but the price is just prohibitive here
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?