This is kinda bad :/ The other day I was playing tennis and hit myself in the face with the raquet, and now my lip has started to swell up :|
Heres a pic:

Btw, the whole lip isn't that massive, i was sticking it out so you could see it properly.
Any thoughts? :/
It happens.

Put some ice on it, take medicine, in a few days it'll go away. That's happened to me before.

inb4 cancer

EDIT: If all else fails after a week or so...

Quote by goest
Poke it with a sewing needle.

See what comes out.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by JD2k9
Blood.

Jar it up and keep it on your bookshelf. Lesson learned, I say.
Quote by suckmahnuts
You've never had a swollen lip? Kids these days.

this
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Put my tooth through my top lip when I was younger, it was swollen much like yours is there (just a bit grimmer, as you can imagine) and I have a permanent lump just on the inside of my lip now.

Tbh I can go months without noticing it, and nobody has noticed it on the outside. It looked like a beast until the swelling went down.
Oh flange.
Quote by Silent Murder
You need to hit your upper lip too.. so they're even.

Thanks douche, now the top one hurts too!
shit i was playing tennis and i got it... i have braces and the shit just like went through my lip... you will survive i assure you of that
Quote by JD2k9
Thanks douche, now the top one hurts too!

But now you look like Pete Burns.

Everyone wants to look like Pete Burns.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
I thought it was herpes at first, but well, seems like a normal bust lip.
Quote by JD2k9
Can't close my mouth properly, fml not gonna be able to smoke weed

Smoke through your nose.
You hit your lip, it's swollen now. Seriously, you made it through childhood without getting a few fat lips? Wtf are kids doing for fun these days? I got fat lips all the time when I was a kid.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
Slammed a seesaw down (or up?) into my little bro's jaw when we were 5. His toungue split in 2.. like a snake. True story.

Oh yeah, thats a swollen lip. Fine by monday.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
I've never actually gotten a swollen lip before, even when I tried to spin my guitar and split it.

Not the guitar.
Um, I think its just a swollen lip. Nothing to worry about
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Um, I think its just a swollen lip. Nothing to worry about
This, honestly. There's literally no reason to make a thread about this. Shit happens, just give it some time. Kids these days...

Edit: Reworded because it was worded poorly.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at May 12, 2011,
I've got work experience next week, will it be bearable by then? As in bearable to sit with, not looking bad and to smoke weed with?

Bedit: When I say sit it sounds like shit. This is going to be fun.
Last edited by JD2k9 at May 12, 2011,
kemo.
Quote by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.

Quote by JD2k9
I've got work experience next week, will it be bearable by then? As in bearable to sit with, not looking bad and to smoke weed with?
Honestly, if your lip affects how bearable sitting is, then you probably have worse problems.

And how does it affect you smoking weed? Just use the other side of your mouth for the pipe/joint/blunt/whatever.

Again, if you're worried about smoking weed because of a swollen lip, maybe you need to lay off the bud for a bit.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at May 12, 2011,
Quote by food1010
And how does it affect you smoking weed? Just use the other side of your mouth for the pipe/joint/blunt/whatever.

Again, if you're worried about smoking weed because of a swollen lip, maybe you need to lay off the bud for a bit.

I don't like that side of my mouth, it's like straight edge and doesnt like drugs.
And I've never smoked pot before, I'm doing my first on monday.
God damn. You sound like a whiny bitch. Oh, wait, you hit it playing tennis. Didn't account for the fact that you probably have a vagina, too.
DON'T HIRE RON WILSON
Quote by JD2k9
And I've never smoked pot before, I'm doing my first on monday.
Oh, in that case, have fun. Just use the opposite side of your mouth, you should be fine.

A joint or blunt would probably be easier, but a pipe shouldn't give you any problems.
-Chick Corea
I still don't understand how your ability to smoke is affected.

Oh and get your hair out of your face.
rub dirt on it.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Your lip looks like a red shit.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.