Hey guys, I'm guessing at least a few of you have been busking before, so I need a question answered. I have a PA system, that I want to busk with (Vocals and guitar) but I need a way of powering the damn thing. Does anyone know how I'd go about this?

Thanks in advance
I'd reccomend not using a PA system. Battery powered amp, at most. Buskers are meant to be poor, sir.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
I figure if people want to hear you they'll make effort to come and listen, also, i know in some areas there are rules about busking with amplification etc... just a heads up =)
have fun
"Hey, check out this gear I've got! Now give me your spare change!"
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Seriously, it's not "a real G thang" to busk with PA.

If people want to listen to you, they'll come closer.

But if you still want to busk with amplification, get a portable battery or something like that from an electronic shop and match your performance to the runtime of the battery.
Nothing says "I need money, mind giving me your spare change?" more than a 100 W Marshall tube amp and a Gibson LP.
Acoustic, that is all.

Quote by chickenpie
... just a heads up =)
have fun


Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Busking with anything more elaborate than an electric guitar and a battery powered amp = getting no money.

An old acoustic and the blues will, however, bring in the cash.

If you really want to use your elaborate rig, get a portable battery from an electronics shop. It's going to need a pretty good runtime for anything over an hour though.

I once saw someone busking with a drum kit. It was hilarious.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.