Does the Jackson KE2 get the same uneven balance as the Gibbo Explorer? I like the weight heavy, but guitars like the Exp and the Iceman infuriate me for the head-drop.

Yes, it will be snakeskin. Any other advice about this guitar? There's no shops that stock 'em, for me to test.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by UraniYum
Does the Jackson KE2 get the same uneven balance as the Gibbo Explorer? I like the weight heavy, but guitars like the Exp and the Iceman infuriate me for the head-drop.

Yes, it will be snakeskin. Any other advice about this guitar? There's no shops that stock 'em, for me to test.

well if the strap pin that goes towards the neck is facing out towards the neck instead of out towards you, there will be neck dive. this can be fixed by redrilling a new strap pin hole
Quote by punk_rules_1997

Hi, I am looking for an amp setting close to the sound of bands like Black Veil Brides.

Quote by Eppicurt

Set everything to 12 o'clock.

Go from there.

lol

Jackson WRMG
Peavey Valveking 112
Pod HD300

Will buy guitars & guitar parts
PM me for info
Explorers are unbalanced? AND ICEMAN'S?! Dude, I've never played an unbalanced Gibson Explorer, and my friend's ICT-700 is really balanced. I would guess that the LTD-EX's are pretty balanced because the necks are really thin and the headstocks are small.

The only odd-shaped Jackson's I've heard of being unbalanced are the JS series.

I wouldn't be too worried. It's got a neck-thru maple neck and poplar body, I would think it's pretty balanced. Plus the necks are very thin compared to Gibson's and the OFR has to add some weight.
Quote by kandex
well if the strap pin that goes towards the neck is facing out towards the neck instead of out towards you, there will be neck dive. this can be fixed by redrilling a new strap pin hole

Wut.

If you put the strap button on the "shoulder" of the Kelly, there would be more neck dive than having it on the back of the neck heel (where it is originally). Not to mention any non-locking strap would probably fall off because of the angle it would be at on the strap button.
Just because the guitar is lighter doesn't mean it won't dive. Explorers might be quite heavy but they're perfectly balanced. My Stagg V has an alder body so its lightweight but has the worst neck dive in the world.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Kellys do have a bit of a reputation among Jackson fans for neck-diving, but I think it's mainly a problem with the bolt-on models. A lot of people find that moving the strap button to the neck plate works well to eliminate it, and as far as I know that's the sort of area where the strap button is placed anyway on the neck through KE2.
I think you need to eat some wheaties. An Explorer is not a neck heavy guitar by a long shot.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.