I'm thinking about getting a Musisman John Petruccci siganture guitar. I saw some reviews and demos on Youtube, and it's all the same thing. Everybody is talking about the tone of the guitar, the wood, the finish, the pickups... BUT, nobody is talking about the tuning stability.
The Musicman JPX (which i am thinking about getting soon) has no locking system (like most Ibanez guitars have. And i got no opportunity to test the guitar on my own, cause no guitar shops in my country sell The JPX (or any other musicman guitar) so i have to order it form the internet without testing it with my own hands.
So, if any of you guys own a JP, please tell me your own experiense with this guitar, and especially the tuning stability.
I would take the lack of discussion about it as a good sign.

I would also be shocked if a guitar of that caliber had tuning stability issues. I don't know of anyone who has had an trouble with it.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
I guess your right, but you can never be too sure. Afterall, we are talking more then 3000 bucks here \m/
Btw, i listened to some of your music. i like the one called "Its raining outside". Rock on.
Quote by TerzaMD
I guess your right, but you can never be too sure. Afterall, we are talking more then 3000 bucks here \m/

Absolutely, I'd be asking about everything and making sure everything was perfect before dropping that much on a guitar.

Quote by TerzaMD
Btw, i listened to some of your music. i like the one called "Its raining outside". Rock on.

Awesome! Thanks a lot for listening.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
The Music Man JP series guitars are the best guitars I've ever played, hands-down.

The bridge is floating, but along with the graphite nut, locking tuners, and general great craftsmanship, the guitar stays in tune very well.
How does it handle drop tunings?

Does the action of the neck become all messed up if you change tunings?

Please reply!
Petrucci doesn't just endorse those signature models. He plays them - exclusively, I believe. I doubt he'd put his name on a guitar - let alone play it - if it wasn't first-rate in every respect.

If you've got the bucks, go for it. I've never heard anyone complain about them (except for the price).
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
You'd be hard pressed to find anything bad about a Music Man. They're great instruments. Don't think you have anything to worry about.
The tuning stability is great. If you go crazy on the trem, it won't be perfect, but the trem isn't meant for that kind of use. It won't stay in tune if you do crazy Vai type stuff with it, but its more than enough for regular use.