yes
43 57%
no
18 24%
**** sports
14 19%
Voters: 75.
Page 1 of 2
Are there any UGers that play tennis, or am I alone?

If not, how do you feel about tennis? Do you have any favorite players? If all else fails, i'll post pictures of hot ass female tennis players, because there are quite a few.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Tennis?

I love tennis!
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
**** sports.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I love tennis, but a few years ago, I shattered my right ankle and screwed up a bunch of tendons in it.. Since then, I haven't been able to play any sports other than swimming. I miss soccer and tennis
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
yep, I rarely get to play it, but I love watching it. Always catch Wimbledon when its on
Quote by PlayMadness
I miss soccer

I'm proud of you for phasing that boring and extremely homosexual sport out of your life. Keep up the fight!
AMERICA
AMERICA
AMERICA
I love Tennis, used to play it as kid until cricket gradually took over. Still enjoy a hit out though and always catch the grand slams.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by rickyj
lars ulrich's dad does

(Invalid img)

Torben FTW.

EDIT: I am doing the tennis unit in gym at my highschool and it's f***ing fun just to mess around and stuff
Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha love you to dude ;-)

Quote by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
Last edited by shredibanez24 at May 12, 2011,
Only if the racket is a little white piece of plastic with buttons on it.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
I just finished up my season for the year. I play mainly for the excuse to dress like this:

which I do.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
I was on my high school tennis team for the past two years. Had tons of fun dicking around because I suck at tennis and would only play exhibition matches. When I would play doubles, I would scream "power play!", grab the ball out of the air, run up to the net, and lob it up for my partner to smash. We always counted it as our point no matter what the other people said.

But no, I don't like tennis.
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by nexteyenate
I was on my high school tennis team for the past two years. Had tons of fun dicking around because I suck at tennis and would only play exhibition matches. When I would play doubles, I would scream "power play!", grab the ball out of the air, run up to the net, and lob it up for my partner to smash. We always counted it as our point no matter what the other people said.

But no, I don't like tennis.

I play at a tiny private school. I watched our number one doubles team play a point hitting tweeners on every single shot, like so:

We practice plays such as yelling "SWITCH!," simultaneously throwing our rackets in the air, and catching our partrner's.

I love tennis.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
I used to play a couple years ago. Stopped though.
I'm sick of all
Your hypocrites
Holding me at bay
And I don't need
Your sympathy
To get me through the day

LONG LIVE DREAM
I like playing tennis for fun. But I don't watch it on tv or anything.
E-Daughter of Stealstrings and Flaxen Angel

Sometimes our fear of failing...
...Keeps us from succeeding.

I love Ryan
Anyone for tennis, wouldn't that be nice?
Some people use quotations,
Some people are just perverse,
Some people have ironic machinations,
But I'll just break into verse!
Judging by the ammount of thread posts and views, I'd say most people don't. I like watching the girls though, because they grunt and moan and it sounds like they're taking it from behind.
Quote by Kensai
I know a good joke:

Women's rights.
Quote by Chubbychunks
I know a good joke:

Kensai's life.
haha, Torben Ulrich. he really made a name for himself. all his son ever made was a racket.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Yes, I love tennis. One of the most underrated sports out there. It's funny that people still think tennis is a "pussy" sport intended for rich white folk. Tennis is a physically demanding sport that requires physical endurance, strength, and EXTREME patience. Most people quit at the beginning of learning, because everything seems a bit complicated. Tennis requires a lot of technique and looks a lot easier than it actually is.

I've been playing tennis since I was a sophomore. This year as a senior, our team managed to finish #1 in our county, but once we went out to the San Diego region to play our first CIF match, we lost to the #1 seed. No surprise considering we were the last seed (#16) in that division. Most of us were average height Mexicans who started playing tennis in highschool, while our opponents were tall white and Asian guys who had been playing half their lives.

Despite the ownage, it was a fun experience. :P
LARGE TEXT
yeah i played my last 3 years high school.

i was pretty decent for being self-taught. id never taken any lessons and the coach was a pedo so he basically just hit on all the 8th and 9th grade girls during practice instead of actually coaching. it actually made it kinda nice because then you could more or less just screw around for most of the practice.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Quote by Holy.
Yes, I love tennis. One of the most underrated sports out there. It's funny that people still think tennis is a "pussy" sport intended for rich white folk. Tennis is a physically demanding sport that requires physical endurance, strength, and EXTREME patience. Most people quit at the beginning of learning, because everything seems a bit complicated. Tennis requires a lot of technique and looks a lot easier than it actually is.

I've been playing tennis since I was a sophomore. This year as a senior, our team managed to finish #1 in our county, but once we went out to the San Diego region to play our first CIF match, we lost to the #1 seed. No surprise considering we were the last seed (#16) in that division. Most of us were average height Mexicans who started playing tennis in highschool, while our opponents were tall white and Asian guys who had been playing half their lives.

It's a mental game, too. I remember playing doubles last year against these guys who were twice as good as us, but we kept our cool while one of the guys on the other team got so pissed that we could lob shit over him that he just started to try to hit it as hard as he could and fucked up almost every shot. He then started to make intentionally horrible line calls, which made me want to drop the fucker.
Last edited by BurningStarlV at May 12, 2011,
Quote by BurningStarlV
It's a mental game, too. I remember playing doubles last year against these guys who were twice as good as us, but we kept our cool while one of the guys on the other team got so pissed that we could lob shit over him that he just started to try to hit it as hard as he could and fucked up almost every shot. He then started to make intentionally horrible line calls, which made me want to drop the fucker.

How could I forget about that? It really is a huge mental game. I didn't get that figured out until early this past winter. I'd get all nervous and tense when I played matches, but I soon found my bearings and played a 3 or 4 sets a week and started to beat people. In terms of anger though, it's hard for a lot of people to drop that.
LARGE TEXT
Tennis video games are the only sports video games I'll play
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by PlayMadness
Tennis video games are the only sports video games I'll play

Have you played the new ones...Virtua Tennis 4 or Top Spin 4?
Yep, just got done watching districts today for my high school. Made varsity when I was a freshmen. Im playing next year (junior) too.

Edit: and the girls are soooooo hot. Me and my friends walked around giving them tennis balls with our cell phone numbers on them
Here is my signature.
Last edited by Hafgrim at May 13, 2011,
I enjoy putting a shit ton of backspin on the ball and having it just stop as soon as hits the other side of the court.

Love the Low end
Quote by RU Experienced?

Thread needs more Wozniacki.

mmyeah

She grunts the way I imagine Princess Peach grunting.
Quote by Holy.

I'm guessing you played LA Jolla?
Page 1 of 2