Been playing classical guitar for years and finally got a nice cordoba fusion rosewood. This mofo is equipped with a fishman so I was thinkin' about busking in downtown, at parks, wherever. Seein' if any of you fine ladies and gents had any helpful advice, stories of personal experiences with doing that, and how you would approach it,

Thanks!
Last edited by Bob.Ego at May 12, 2011,
Always remember to put a small bit of change into your guitar case to encourage more people to drop money in, but dont overdo it or they will think you're greedy and walk past you.
I like to place in a couple quarters, a few dimes and like 5 pennies, maybe a loonie or toonie ( thats a one dollar and two dollar coin respectively for those of the non-canadian persuasion ).
I have no idea how this works but ive busked enough to buy liquor to realize a pattern here.

Good luck!
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Busk in Liverpool. Best night ihad was outside the adelphi hotel on the saturday of the grand national(a big horse race).Loads of irish lads about,wacked out trad irish stuff,made nearly 800 quid,free ale,and a night in the hotel bar! At weekend nights,wack out oasis for the scallies-love oasis,but after playing wonderwall for the20th time,i gotta run to bowie! good luck la!
Quote by bonehead12
Busk in Liverpool. Best night ihad was outside the adelphi hotel on the saturday of the grand national(a big horse race).Loads of irish lads about,wacked out trad irish stuff,made nearly 800 quid,free ale,and a night in the hotel bar! At weekend nights,wack out oasis for the scallies-love oasis,but after playing wonderwall for the20th time,i gotta run to bowie! good luck la!

You're not that bloke I met busking on a train from London to Lime Street are you?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Busking isn't rocket science.
You should keep in mind that you get more money if you play songs that people recognise and like, as opposed to playing intricate compositions that you improvise.
Putting some small change in your basket/guitar case/whatever may help, but last time I tried it didn't really matter that much.

Also, you may want to make sure that busking is allowed wherever you are. Some parks in my neighborhood don't allow it, for example.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by steven seagull
You're not that bloke I met busking on a train from London to Lime Street are you?

nOT ME MATE,THO HAVE BUSKED ON TRAIN TO MANCHESTER,AND IN MANCHESTER! WORRA MAD FEW DAYS. u a busker?
Quote by bonehead12

oh the generosity of the irish
Quote by bonehead12
nOT ME MATE,THO HAVE BUSKED ON TRAIN TO MANCHESTER,AND IN MANCHESTER! WORRA MAD FEW DAYS. u a busker?

sAME HERE

OT: Do it in a very public place. You don't want some chav to nick your guitar - other people can help you out if this sort of thing happens.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Quote by bonehead12

Hell yeah! Jesus, that's a mint for one night. I'm hoping to learn some basic flamenco to start out with and throw down some covers.
Last edited by Bob.Ego at May 14, 2011,
Quote by bonehead12

Jesus I feel tipsy just reading this.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Woffelz
sAME HERE

OT: Do it in a very public place. You don't want some chav to nick your guitar - other people can help you out if this sort of thing happens.

When first started buskin, used to get too drunk and got in a bit of bova. Now just av little bev(and a smoke!).Main thing is too keep ur eyes open-u can spot a nob hed a mile off,and show confidence-if ur meek and mild the arseholes will spot u. used to carry a screwdriver just in case(if got pulled wud say its for adjusting the gtr!) but found it made me more paranoid-jusdt carry me big gob now!ENJOY it!