My cousin came to my house today and I think he is still laughing
He's been playing the base guitar since he was a kid and now plays the double bass. When he saw me with the Jackson Demmelition he started laughing and I can understand lol.
I have only been playing the guitar for about 7 months now and that thing is way over my head, especially in Drop B tuning but.................In my little experience with this guitar I notice , or at least I think,that it is teaching me how to properly position my hands on the fret board because of it's V shape.
I am right handed so I put the guitar in the middle of my legs and my right leg is in between the V and I use my left leg to balance it out , stop laughing please. Because of this the neck of the guitar is literally pointing to the roof unlike other guitars I have tried and it forces my thumb to stay right in the middle of the neck instead of coming up close to the 6th string.
I tried my friend stratocaster today and I couldn't find my self on it , keep in mind I am a beginner and that doesn't help. So i did the same thing with it and placed it in between my legs instead of having it standing on my right leg.
Am i setting my self up for disaster here? Maybe I should go to guitar classes before this bad habits take over.
Last edited by maurier at May 12, 2011,
I'd play guitar normal, just with my thumb straight with the neck, if I were you.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
Thats how classical guitar is usually played. It's more correct but looks somewhat dumb, however id do whats most comfortable for you
Quote by Charley2715
Thats how classical guitar is usually played. It's more correct but looks somewhat dumb, however id do whats most comfortable for you

You hit the nail on the head. After I saw your post I went and looked at you tube videos for classic guitar and they all play it like that lol.
Maybe I should keep the V shape guitar in it's case untill I learn better and grab a classic guitar to learn.
Once I am good I think i will not have any trouble switching guitars. For now placing the electric guitar in the middles of my legs just feels so much more comfortable, I actually feel the guitar better in that position.

Thanks for helping.
Quote by Charley2715

I don't think it's played with the neck pointed straight up.
Angle it down a little. Learn to play with a strap. Stand, position the guitar and strap to where it's comfortable, then try and match that position while sitting.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Just relax and lower the neck . Putting something under your left feet helps too when playing sit ( Beer boxes are PERFECT for this purpose ) Just realax and get comfy with it.

You have been playing for 7 months and already got your Demmelition ? Waited 2 years until I actually bought mine

What color is yours ?
- - - - - - - - - - -
Last edited by Good_Lord at May 13, 2011,
Quote by Good_Lord
Just relax and lower the neck . Putting something under your left feet helps too when playing sit ( Beer boxes are PERFECT for this purpose ) Just realax and get comfy with it.

You have been playing for 7 months and already got your Demmelition ? Waited 2 years until I actually bought mine

What color is yours ?

It's all black with silver bevels=)

Thanks for all the help guys. I will try just now to work on it.
Mine's white with black bevels .

Enjoy your demmelition , if you have any more questions , feel free to ask fellow demmelition man
- - - - - - - - - - -