Before you eat me alive and make a mockery of my remains, I'd like to say that I have indeed read the stickies and have done a search.

With that out of the way, onto my post.

So, my fingers aren't touching the guitar or the pickups or anything, but my wrist rests right next to, or onto my floyd rose.. almost all the time. And I've noticed when I sweep pick it does feel like theres tension but I'm not sure. Freepower, if you end up reading this, I'd like to say I've seen all of your technique videos and it almost looks like you do the same as me, which is why I'm confused. Is this really anchoring or am I becoming too anal about my technique?

And again, I have read the stickies and have done a search. =/

Thanks.
Quote by skylerjames13
This +10000

You're a decent 11'er Bryc3e

Nothing can keep you away from the need to create.. Cause your path is free! - Jari Maenpaa
If your hand is only resting against the Floyd , it ain't that bad. Just work with it , adjust your hand position to suit sweep picking.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"Anchoring" is when you're applying pressure, which causes tension.

If your hand is just resting on the bridge and not applying pressure then you're probably ok. It's fine to touch the guitar body, as long as you're not anchored there.

Try playing without touching the bridge, and if it causes you to start missing notes and generally makes it impossible to pick you'll know that you were relying on holding your hand on to a certain point on the guitar (which is anchoring...).

Hope that helps
If you aren't pressing into the guitar at all, it's all cool. Having something touching strings for muting is essential, but fixing the hand to a single point or pressing in isn't.
Quote by Freepower
If you aren't pressing into the guitar at all, it's all cool. Having something touching strings for muting is essential, but fixing the hand to a single point or pressing in isn't.

This

actually, IMO, resting your hand in the FR will allow you to have a better control on your picking motion. I do it, and I don't regret doing it.