I have an old g holiday guitar. it has one of those old school japanese trems on it that are more or less a bigsby. are there any tricks to improve tuning stability? i don't mob the trem ever but large bends mess with the tuning.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Maybe lube the nut?
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Usually Bigsbys have more or less decent tuning stability. However, you could try to upgrade the tuners to locking ones, add roller string trees and a roller nut. and maybe even roller saddles (depending on the type of bridge you have). The less friction between the tuners and the trem, the better.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
thanks for the help guys, but I've lubed the nut, and I can't really do any hardware swaps on this thing since its a late 60s G holiday thats bone stock. I guess I'll just have to deal with it and not do any big bends.
no sir away a papaya war is on
Quote by kangaxxter
Usually Bigsbys have more or less decent tuning stability. However, you could try to upgrade the tuners to locking ones, add roller string trees and a roller nut. and maybe even roller saddles (depending on the type of bridge you have). The less friction between the tuners and the trem, the better.

+1
this is what I'd do to start
Quote by the_perdestrian
thanks for the help guys, but I've lubed the nut, and I can't really do any hardware swaps on this thing since its a late 60s G holiday thats bone stock. I guess I'll just have to deal with it and not do any big bends.

just keep the original hardware and replaceit on the guitar, you can always put the tuners backon and what ever else you need to swap.