I'd use the bugera 1960 with a ts9/ts808 or the 1990 for punk/ska, the 333xl is to metal sounding.
GEAR
PRS:SE Singlecut w/ Crunchlab/Airnorton
ESP:Eclipse Standard
LTD:SCT607B
Fender:MIM Silverburst Tele
Line6:Pod HD500X
Ovation:EliteT1778
Having read what they are based on I'd go with the 1960.

If you really want to consider a combo the BC30 could be an option - it has decent clean headroom and a modern gain stage.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I definitely wouldn't go for any of the Bugera Peavey copies, they'd be too heavy for punk and ska (unless you're playing the kind of punk which is just people punching their instrument with the gain on full...but I hope you aren't...really. ).

The V series would probably do you if you're playing mostly ska or The Clash style punk.
But I agree with people saying the 1960 or 1990.
why dont you want to be that guy? when you play an amp to check out before buying you should crank it to see if you like it that way, ofcourse you shouldn't play it on 11 only... but you get my point.
hard to get more punk than your amp being on fire

/trollface
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Why limit yourself to just bugera?

What's your budget, and the tones you want other than ska and punk? And are you willing to go used?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by Major Sparky
Why limit yourself to just bugera?

What's your budget, and the tones you want other than ska and punk? And are you willing to go used?

Because I happened to have played a Bugera at Guitar Center that day so I was wondering if anyone else had any more experience with it than I did in the half an hour that I got to fiddle around with it and maybe tell me if it was possible to achieve the tones for the style I play.

And I don't really have a budget. I have a job so I can just save up for it. And really, punk's about as heavy as I get. Sure, I have moments where I like to do a little metal chugging but not nearly enough to justify getting an amp that's capable of doing so.

Really, I play a lot of Reel Big Fish-esque ska, but I'd like a bit more emphasis on cleans and something that can cut through when I'm soloing. And if it can't, I can always throw a Tubescreamer in front of it.

Wrst_EDIT_Evr: And yes, I'm willing to go used if the price is right.
Last edited by Wrst_Plyr_Evr at May 13, 2011,
Quote by guitarpatrick66
The 1990 is one of the worst Bugeras IMO.

Really? I loved using and trying out one.
The 333xl would be way too heavy for punk (at least, trad punk) so id go for the v55. It has more headroom than the 22 and has a second channel, which can do interesting stuff,
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Quote by dtmaiden
Really? I loved using and trying out one.
The 333xl would be way too heavy for punk (at least, trad punk) so id go for the v55. It has more headroom than the 22 and has a second channel, which can do interesting stuff,

Yeah it just didnt cut it for me. And I like the JCM 900, which I believe it was trying to clone, but the 1990 just didnt do it for me. And I usually think Bugeras arnt that bad tone wise. I like the 6260 and love the 333XL.