Hey guys,

Ok see I got these riffs and I did the recording. I feel there's something "off" about the feel of the song. Is it the bass line? I can't put my finger on it. I need to be as heavy as it can be but it should also be comfortable to listen to. Does that make sense? Does it sound alright? I'm going crazy here!

Check it out:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/BashirWahid/music/play996679
Played this with my new guitar - the DEAN VMNTX (Dave Mustaine signature)

Would welcome thoughts and comments of the riff/song.

Cheers.

PS: By the way that title is not going to be the actual title of the song!
Depends... was the song I was supposed to listen to "Head Pounder"?

If it was, I wouldn't say there's anything really wrong with how heavy it sounds. It doesn't sound HEAVY HEAVY, but it sounds heavy enough.
I can't help you and say what should be changed, cause that song is pretty cool and really listenable already ... It sounded great!
Quote by Disturbed_EMG
Depends... was the song I was supposed to listen to "Head Pounder"?

If it was, I wouldn't say there's anything really wrong with how heavy it sounds. It doesn't sound HEAVY HEAVY, but it sounds heavy enough.

Yea its "Head Pounder"
Quote by jekylhyde
I can't help you and say what should be changed, cause that song is pretty cool and really listenable already ... It sounded great!

Maybe its just me and I need to take a break from the headphones.

Thanks.
The riffage is all nice and pretty heavy. To get the whole mix sounding heavier, I'd lower the gain in the guitars a bit and turn them down a bit. Also crank up the bass, I can hardly hear it. For drums: the kick gets drowned out most of the time and the snare is pretty weak and try. Try a boost around 200hz on the snare to add more body and 'thunk' and maybe a touch of reverb to sit it further back.
Quote by Odirunn
The riffage is all nice and pretty heavy. To get the whole mix sounding heavier, I'd lower the gain in the guitars a bit and turn them down a bit. Also crank up the bass, I can hardly hear it. For drums: the kick gets drowned out most of the time and the snare is pretty weak and try. Try a boost around 200hz on the snare to add more body and 'thunk' and maybe a touch of reverb to sit it further back.

Lower the gain ... hmm. Ok I'll try that. As for the snare, I'm no expert in all those technical settings but there is figure for the snare preset that reads 220Hz. Is there a mistake somewhere?

Thanks. I'll try what you said.
Lowering the gain is mostly just to get rid of some of the grainy/fizziness that comes along with cranking the gain. With a solid bass track even at pretty low gains guitars sound super mean.

What do you mean in the snare preset? Like in the EQ preset?
Quote by Odirunn
Lowering the gain is mostly just to get rid of some of the grainy/fizziness that comes along with cranking the gain. With a solid bass track even at pretty low gains guitars sound super mean.

What do you mean in the snare preset? Like in the EQ preset?

Yea in the EQ preset. If I increase that, the snare becomes sharper .. not necessarily loud but more high pitched. If I bring it down, the snare sounds flat.
tell your drummer to knock it off at the beggining with the high hat
i think he could het away with less bpms and give you some more room to preform bro
also tell your drummer to be prettier on the bass pedals and creat some great beats during the down time that you all are going through a slow part but you know you guys sound great i couldnt really critisize any of it
If you want it to sound thicker, you can always quad track it doing a 100/80/80/100 panning style with the two 80's being about 3-5 decibels lower in the mix. You would also have to decrease your initial gain a tad bit more, since gain accumulates. Would make it thicker and heavier.

It's already pretty heavy as it is though. Nice tone too. Increasing the quality of your drums would also make it heavier and improve the tone. You'd be surprised how the quality of your drums can affect your guitar tone, it's crazy.

Another thing you could do is make two bass tracks, one clean, and one that's distorted with a high pass on it, and then blend the two. It'll really bring all the gain together and in general makes everything heavier.