So I have a Squier Stratocaster and I want to know what are some easy but cool songs that fit the tone it makes. I realize the Strat is more of a clean type guitar so help is much appreciated.
No but, I've played a few songs like What I've Done by Linkin Park and some parts of ACDC's Back in Black. I realized these aren't really Strat kind of songs. So, I'd appreciate some suggestions.
Most john mayer songs, slow dancing in a burning room or vultures is a good start
sweet home alabama?

another brick in the wall (the verse funky bit)?

EDIT: SMOKE ON THE WATER!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sweet home alabama?

another brick in the wall (the verse funky bit)?

EDIT: SMOKE ON THE WATER!

I'd have to disagree with "Another Brick in the Wall". That's more Telecaster-sounding.
Then again...

Actually, you can get away with pretty much ANYTHING on a strat-style guitar. Hell, I've seen br00talz played on a Hello Kitty squier (havent we all...).
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by Pwnx
No but, I've played a few songs like What I've Done by Linkin Park and some parts of ACDC's Back in Black. I realized these aren't really Strat kind of songs. So, I'd appreciate some suggestions.

don't be silly, you can play anything you want on your guitar - the tone doesn't really matter, it's not going to change the techniques required to play the song. Certainly you can play AC/DC, they don't use a particularly distorted tone anyway. Certainly some of those heavily distorted metal and nu-metal tones might be difficult to achieve, and if there's that much difference in the sound it can throw you a bit if you're inexperienced. However through a decent amp you should still get a tone close enough - the amp matters a lot more than the guitar in that respect.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by PsiGuy60
I'd have to disagree with "Another Brick in the Wall". That's more Telecaster-sounding.
Then again...

is it? i just always assumed it was a strat

I know the solo is a neck p90 in a les paul, so he certainly doesn't only use strats...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Look at artists using Strats:
Clapton
John Mayer
David Gilmour (Pink Floyd)
Stevie Ray Vaughan
old R&R legends, like Buddy Guy
Nirvana
Blink-182
Iron Maiden (even though they use humbucker pickups in their guitars)
This is just a beginning. You may think of other bands... Have fun!
Quote by gudinge
Wasn't there a thread about this like yesterday?
Quote by ivan_2894
This guy knows what he's talking about
(Ab)using:
* Ibanez PF5 acoustic * Gibson '08 LP Classic * Schecter Damien FR *
* Marshall JCM 2k DSL401 *
* Boss OS-2 * Boss DD-7 *

Eyes on Wah & SD pups
try some red hot chili peppers.
Last edited by wolvenrick at May 13, 2011,
Play whatever you want. A guitar is a guitar is a guitar.
Squier Strat
Squier Classic Vibe Duo-Sonic
Jay Turser JT-220
Fender Frontman 65r

What can I say? I like cheap gear.
I guess so. Also, I tried this John Mayer song and damn it was hard. XD
Quote by JonnyMonster91
Play whatever you want. A guitar is a guitar is a guitar.

wut
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by PsiGuy60

It is a strat, you just use the second position on the pickup selector with the bridge and the middle to give you that "twangy" sound.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
It is a strat, you just use the second position on the pickup selector with the bridge and the middle to give you that "twangy" sound.

I've never actually seen it played live, so I wouldn't know to be quite honest. I just never found the right settings back when I had a modeling amp and a Strat copy
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by Eppicurt

yeah that's what i thought
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?