Arystar
859 IQ
HI could someone help me get some good settings for the WASP guitar sound?

listening them makes me think that Chris holmes doesnt use to much gain, i might be wrong im not good at hearing it. i tried it but cant seem to do it right since my hearing isnt absolute. so i ask you does anyknow know:

gain:
bass:
mid:
treb:
reverb:

for this band's guitarist Chris holmes? Ive got a jackson with a Jeff Beck SH-4 pickup installed so it should be able to get their tone right with some good amp settings

i know this might belong in the settings thread but no one ever answers that and only the most famous and most asked bands are listed there.

help anyone?

sincerely
Guitars:
Jackson Kevin Bond Rhoads Signature model (SD Jeff Beck SH-4 pickup)
ESP LTD Alexi - 200
Ibanez Gio

Amps:
Line 6 Spider IV 75

-Tohu Tehom Theli Than Leviathan Tanin'iver Taninsam-
Sakke
Chaser of 'Tone'
909 IQ
What you need is a new amp.
Seriously, don't rape your Rhoads with a Line 6.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Arystar
859 IQ
Quote by Sakke
What you need is a new amp.
Seriously, don't rape your Rhoads with a Line 6.

yes I know and im saving for it! but that does not help me any further in my question
Guitars:
ESP LTD Alexi - 200
Ibanez Gio

Amps:
Line 6 Spider IV 75

Sakke
Chaser of 'Tone'
909 IQ
Quote by Arystar
yes I know and im saving for it! but that does not help me any further in my question

It kind of does. It's hard to achieve Chris Holmes's tone with a digital amplifier because he used valve amplifiers. However, using crunch setting with gain on 8, bass on 6, middle on 8-10 and treble on 6 you just might get a "general rock" tone that Line6 provides. At least worked for me when I had nothing else than Line6 and my old Dean Vendetta.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Arystar
859 IQ
Quote by Sakke
It kind of does. It's hard to achieve Chris Holmes's tone with a digital amplifier because he used valve amplifiers. However, using crunch setting with gain on 8, bass on 6, middle on 8-10 and treble on 6 you just might get a "general rock" tone that Line6 provides. At least worked for me when I had nothing else than Line6 and my old Dean Vendetta.

ty
will try this
Guitars:
ESP LTD Alexi - 200
Ibanez Gio

Amps:
Line 6 Spider IV 75

TheUltimateSin
Guitar Padawan
510 IQ
You won't get Holmes' tone because you're not Chris Holmes. There is more to tone than amp settings or gear.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness