Hi guys, I'm looking at getting a recording interface to explore some musical ideas with a mate and I'm thinking of connecting it to the preamp out of my Bugera 6262. First I figure that's safe and at line level right? Are there any power amp sims I could run in something like Reaper? I'm also thinking of getting a mic to get the actual sound from the amp, what's some good mics for say under $175au (I'll probably get an interface that also has XLR with phantom power)?
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
There's really no need for a power amp sim. You just run the preamp signal into some impulses.

If you're getting your first mic, I (as most other people) would suggest a SM57. It's a dynamic mic so you don't need phantom power.

I just got a Line 6 UX2 and it's an amazing interface. Might want to look into something like that... if not then M-Audio Fast track or something similar. Maybe someone else will come along and give you some more recommendations.
Cool, I was already looking at an SM57 (good to hear someone agree). Thanks for the advice.

Edit: I drink a lot.
My Gear:
Suzuki Classical Guitar from 60s
B.C. Rich Warlock
Epiphone Les Paul Junior
Monterey Steel String Acoustic
Maton M255 Steel String Acoustic
Agile AL-3100 w/ EMG 81/85
Bugera 6262-212
Last edited by nitestick at May 13, 2011,
the SM57 is the standard stage/studio mic for most instrument amplifiers. you cannot go wrong with one. if you can run the amp in a room with no echo (put mattresses on the wall if need be), mic'ing it is the best option