So, I've been looking at 7 strings for a while now after playing my guitar teacher's but I can't seem to find a decent cheap one. Does anybody know of any? All the other 7 string threads are looking way above my price range

I'll be playing mainly metal and djent (dream theater, periphery etc.)

Thanks in advance
Periphery, love that shit!

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
if you buy that 7 string V you will be the envy of 7 stringers worldwide
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Especially as the new Gibson is going to be about £1.5k

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I didnt know you could get an RG7321 for that price! Good reviews too, tempting...

Thanks tom

Agiles are good too but they're so expensive in the UK...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
if you buy that 7 string V you will be the envy of 7 stringers worldwide

I don't really like flying V's if i'm honest, but i admit its a badass guitar :P
Quote by AvengedESP
I didnt know you could get an RG7321 for that price! Good reviews too, tempting...

Thanks tom

Agiles are average too but they're so over priced to buy and you get no insurance in the UK...

Fixxed.

TBH the 7321 if you can get it would be ideal

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Thanks again! After researching Agiles a bit more that seems to be true, and you can always trust Ibanez to deliver a great metal guitar ^^

My guitar teacher's was an ibanez but it had no finish or branding on it at all (just the wood, looked awesome imo) so i can't tell you the model, was a beast through his marshall though...
I had one of those Flying Vs for a while. Not a horrible guitar by any means but the stock pickups were terribly muddy and I just didn't get on with it too well neck and feel wise. You'd do better elsewhere imo.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Sometimes you can even pickup the mij ibanez 7 like the 7421/7621/7620 strings a little over 300. Its rarer to find then 7321s in your budget but you definitely can find them. I picked up 7621 for 350 and there was like a 7421 for around about 300 iirc when i bought mine.

Better overall than the 7321 but patience would be required for finding one at that price.

Not saying the 7321 is bad though it'd be a fine option.
Last edited by coolstoryangus at May 13, 2011,
the schecter i have is really good for the money £320, good specs, i use it for similar styles
Gear:

Jackson DKMG pro
Schecter omen exreme 7
Tanglewood Che Guivara mk.1
Brunswick electro acoustic

peavey 412ms
some rack stuff