Okay, just a quick thing that has been bugging me for a while...
I have basic equipment (Fender starcaster and a small crappy amp), and I haven't modified it at all.
I know, therefore, that my sound is never gonna be great. However, is there a way of using the bass / treble / gain dials to make my guitar that little bit better sounding?

Cheers.
What are you using for recording?
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
It depends what kind of a sound you're going for. A lot of classic rock and blues used small amps in the studio. Something more modern is done generally with larger amps. I personally find that I don't get enough low end out of my smaller practice amp to record with.
For recording - I use a usb - guitar cable. Basic one tbh

Sound - tends to be slightly on the quicker side, nothing TOO technical, a lot of power chords are used for verses, for example.
Well one way would to be get a USB interface(can not suggest any without a budget). Download reaper(it's free and has an unlimited trial). If you are just running your amp into your computer the sound card probably isn't capable of handling it. That would help clean it up. Also you can get plug ins if you decide to not run it in your amp and can customize your tone that way.
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Last edited by xkreedx at May 13, 2011,