Page 1 of 2
So, today my local McDonald's put an age limit meaning that people under the age of 18 can't go go there after 16.00 P.M.
This is because it has been a lot of trouble there, including fightning, vandalisation and such things, but is this the way to go?

It doesn't really affect me that much really, I don't go there often at all. Mostly if I'm out with my friends late at night and we happen to be nearby we go for a burger or so, but nothing more than that really, so I don't really care about this decision.
But I think this will affect their sales negatively.

Read the translation in cursive text below.

Here is the link to the news story, but it's in Swedish!
Link

From Friday McDonald's is restricting young people's access to the fast food restaurant in Pietarsaari. After 16 o'clock you have to be 18.

- "Younger than 18-year-olds are welcome, but only in adult company, " says entrepreneur Kai Laaksonen.

The age limit applies to all days, weekdays and weekends.

The restaurant has for years been struggling with unrest inside and outside the premises. McDonald's is a popular gathering place for young people, but all can not behave in an acceptable manner.

According to Kai Laaksonen and restaurant manager Jennifer Hellund involve a mix of small and large disturbances. For some young people are using a bad language, disturbing other customers and threatening staff.

- Many families will no longer here because they do not get to eat their meals in peace, "said Jennifer Hellund.

Neither the interior may be left in peace.

Laaksonen and staff have tried to tell young people to inform. But since the unrest escalates rather than waning, they must put their foot down.

- If the young people shape up, we quickly remove the restriction, "said Laaksonen.

In practice, the minimum age that young people must show ID papers at the door. A guard makes sure that no unauthorized person slips into after at 16th.

I translated it from Swedish.

What are your thoughts on this, UG'ers?
Last edited by SuomiJakobstad at May 13, 2011,
After 4pm? Really? I don't think I've even seen anyone in Maccy D's before 5pm in my city..
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I've never been carded for anything. I bet my first time would be going into a McDonald's.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Well I don't know what kind of gang wars go on in your McDonalds but the only disturbing thing I see in our McDonalds are the annoying kids that have birthday parties there.
Damn brats do everything in their spoiled power to make me nervous the one time a year I eat at McDonalds.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by element4433
I've never been carded for anything. I bet my first time would be going into a McDonald's.

Guess I now have two things to look forward to when I turn 18, old enough for my driver's license and getting into McDonald's alone without having my parents along with me.
Quote by SuomiJakobstad
The ball is in young people.

I love when things don't translate perfectly
"I have good eye-sight, insight, and foresight. How could an
intelligent hare make such a silly mistake?"
Lol bad business move. I bet my packet of monster munch (flamin' hot) that it will close down several months after this is implemented.
Quote by HowToFly
I love when things don't translate perfectly

I thought I've heard the expression before, can have been wrong though, I'm Finnish by the way.
the McDonalds in my town after 10pm is filled with dumbass stoner kids sitting around going "hey guys I'm high" "sweet, so am I" "we are soooooo high right now" "damn I have the munchies, where can I buy food?"

either that, or sketchy black people
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I think 4 o clock is ridiculous. Maybe 7, 8 or 9 but 4 is just too early, unless that's when it gets dark in sweden?
It's not how big your pencil is; it's how you write your name.
That's nothing, we have bouncers in MacDonalds.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Duffman123
Lol bad business move. I bet my packet of monster munch (flamin' hot) that it will close down several months after this is implemented.

I don't think this is permanent though, when business starts going downhill, I think they will remove this "law"/restriction/decision.

Quote by xhisor
damn swedish

This is in Finland, but the area I live in people speak Swedish.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
the McDonalds in my town after 10pm is filled with dumbass stoner kids sitting around going "hey guys I'm high" "sweet, so am I" "we are soooooo high right now" "damn I have the munchies, where can I buy food?"

Here it's just plain old drunk, pissed-off Finnish people.
They'll lose business from families getting McDonalds for dinner after school.

(I haven't read much of the OP so sorry if that was already mentioned.)
Stand up and cheer if you like SimCity

Play Up Pompey, Pompey Play Up
THE WiLDHEARTS

Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."
Quote by br33dlove
I love the idea of getting ID'd for a Bigmac.

Or being too young to go buy a milkshake.

Quote by jgbsmith
That's nothing, we have bouncers in MacDonalds.

Here too, but appearantly that wasn't enough, there was like one or two security guards at the McDonald's.

Quote by MrRockandRoll
I think 4 o clock is ridiculous. Maybe 7, 8 or 9 but 4 is just too early, unless that's when it gets dark in sweden?

It's in Finland.

No, it doesn't get dark at 4 o´clock here.
[From Friday McDonald's is restricting young people's access to the fast food restaurant in Pietarsaari. After 16 o'clock you have to be 18.

- "Younger than 18-year-olds are welcome, but only in adult company, " says entrepreneur Kai Laaksonen.

lol.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by SlipknotRule93
They'll lose business from families getting McDonalds for dinner after school.

(I haven't read much of the OP so sorry if that was already mentioned.)

It says kids are allowed if accompanied by an adult.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by JamSessionFreak
Well I don't know what kind of gang wars go on in your McDonalds but the only disturbing thing I see in our McDonalds are the annoying kids that have birthday parties there.
Damn brats do everything in their spoiled power to make me nervous the one time a year I eat at McDonalds.

What about the absolutely terrible, chemical-laden rubbish they push on kids as food? IMO if this stops more people going to McDonald's it's a good thing.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by StormLexer
Theres always the drive thru.

Which would be a splendid idea since the gentleman having vehicles to go through said drive-through are over the required age of 18 and thus being able to enter the store to recieve their late afternoon meal themselves being un-accompanied by their peers.
Last edited by SuomiJakobstad at May 13, 2011,
Teens banned from Micky Ds? Shit, I had no idea teens were so gangsta in Finland. Life must be tough up in da hood.
I think at 6/7 it would be fair.
If you had to work there and get harrssed/clean up after everyone else's mess, you'd get fed up of it.

Kids are annoying when they're in groups.

inb4 "but I'm not annoying when I'm with friends".. because they aren't you.
wow in Canada we don't have foolish McDonalds laws. In the maritimes we have McLobster (YUCK!)
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Teens banned from Micky Ds? Shit, I had no idea teens were so gangsta in Finland. Life must be tough up in da hood.

Nope, it's beer.

Quote by Silent Murder
I think at 6/7 it would be fair.
If you had to work there and get harrssed/clean up after everyone else's mess, you'd get fed up of it.

Kids are annoying when they're in groups.

inb4 "but I'm not annoying when I'm with friends".. because they aren't you.

+1

I think 4pm is fair though, since that's the time they'll come out of school and all that. I'm surprised they aren't fully banned on the weekends!
Cam Sampbell's my hero
The McDonalds near me is the same, and has been for years now, except it's after 8 pm rather than 4. It's because theirs always a shit ton of chavs about at that time, and they're just generally dicks, to every one.
That's hilarious! Serves you transient troublemakers right!
יהוה

[][]
/ \

Quote by sinisa

How about actually doing something rather than asking everyone here questions?
Quote by kadinh
That's hilarious! Serves you transient troublemakers right!

I've never (or even considered) starting a fight when I've been out.
Quote by theguitarist
lol.

its a franchise, owners are entrepreneurs, actually.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by fortysix&2
What about the absolutely terrible, chemical-laden rubbish they push on kids as food? IMO if this stops more people going to McDonald's it's a good thing.

I enjoy that absolutely terrible, chemical-laden rubbish
But it rarely eat it. And other people should do the same. If you go there every week, you're probably a walking chemical waste container.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
That's so early in the day.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
That's so early in the day.

Not in Finland, everyone has to be inside before it gets dark, or they'll be eaten by polar bears.
Well, they're doing you kids a service because McDonald's sucks.

Yeah, I'll be that guy.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Hey TS, is that the McDonalds by Citymarket and Prisma? Cause if it is, I go there from time to time
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

The first part is true, but there's a KFC next to our McDonalds so the black people aren't a problem, really...

But yeah, this place is gonna close down, children are the only people who genuinely enjoy McDonalds instead of just eating it because it's easier than cooking/going to an actual restaurant.
Quote by Drakathan
Hey TS, is that the McDonalds by Citymarket and Prisma? Cause if it is, I go there from time to time

It's in Pietarsaari (Jakobstad in Swedish), so it's right next to the parking lot of Prisma with the ABC gas station.
Quote by Twist of fate
They sound like they're prejudice a lot.

What's next? No black people?

Black people?
I didn't know blacks were people

But seriously, if there's trouble and they know who's causing it and stuff then they should be allowed to do this. Most under 16s I know that go to McDonalds buy food and stay in there for like an hour after they've finished pratting around
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Page 1 of 2