Page 1 of 4
Hey all, what song are you currently trying to learn right now?

AND... what's the hardest part of the song that keeps tripping you up?
Last edited by xposed at May 13, 2011,
Any Smiths song and the lack of tabs is irritating.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Haven't learnt a song in donkeys.
Last edited by Duffman123 at May 13, 2011,
not learning any songs now, but i've been meaning to learn this cool arrangement of Lonesome Fiddle Blues that i have for banjo, but i keep putting it off. i also keep putting off learning the rest of Toccata and Fugue in D minor.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
countdown to extinction - megadeth
Its very easy for a megadeth song as there is no solo as such but probably the chorus lead part is most difficult, but not really difficult at all tbh
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Cowboys from hell, finding the solo a bit annoying, the rest is pretty easy though.
My name is Jack.
sidewinder, superfast acoustic solo/:
Quote by Don't Stop
Put a piece of tape on the headstock and write "Gibson" on it.
If done properly, this should quadruple your sustain.

Quote by pitobodies
That post is probably the deepest, wisest, most mature thing to ever spill forth from the Pit.

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Stabwound.

I've been rearranging about half the licks so I can play them on a 22 fret guitar..

correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't all the notes above the 22nd fret tapped? and in that case, you can tap past the fretboard with the side of your pick. i do that all the time when i'm doing sweep licks and need to tap past the 24th fret.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by tjhome28
cliffs of dover... there's just a little bit in the 'solo' section (i know it's all a solo but you know :P) that i can't get right!

^ im doing this one too, same problem. the part at 3:05... idk why haha
Quote by Don't Stop
Put a piece of tape on the headstock and write "Gibson" on it.
If done properly, this should quadruple your sustain.

Quote by pitobodies
That post is probably the deepest, wisest, most mature thing to ever spill forth from the Pit.

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
THE Fire - Senses Fail

There's one tab, but it's completely inaccurate. The part that is getting me the most is the chorus and the verse and the bridge. Well just about the whole song. I can barely hear the guitar parts so it's very hard to learn.
I'm trying to learn Rammstein's entire catalog by the middle of July.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Pearl Jam - Black. Arranging an acoustic version of it, based on their unplugged sets.
Difficulty? Singing like Ed Ved.
The weight- Ari Hest

tabs have chords ,but the actual song is finger-picked and I am still working on the pattern

&

Title and Registration - DCFC

nothing tricky but just started trying to play it and its awesome
Guardians of Fate - Ensiferum

Easy song is easy
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Don't Think Twice It's Alright by Dylan. I was working on it last night. I have all the chord changes down but it's a fingerpicking song and I only have around 80 percent of the fingerpicking memorized.
You've Got A Friend in Me by Randy Newman. It isn't too hard, but I'm currently turning the intro riff into full chords, trying to find out what chords they are and what fit. Other than that, just memorizing the (what looks random to me and my inexperience) chord progression that I'm not used to.
The Paganini Sonata that comes in the sample files for Guitar Pro 6.

And sort of a version of the Mario theme which I drew up, which is insanely difficult and I might not bother.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
My Will Be Done by Unearth.

The Beginning sweep licks because my Seven String needs to have the Action fixed and strings changed.
the day before yesterday I learnt Get On Top by RHCP (I just wanted to be able to shout it whilst playing), now I'm back to learning theory
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Quote by ShadesOfNight
Pearl Jam - Black. Arranging an acoustic version of it, based on their unplugged sets.
Difficulty? Singing like Ed Ved.

I'm in the process of transcribing an effective bassline to work as the main guitar so my vocalist can just do the open chords for Black. Darn being a 3 piece...

In addition, working on The Ocean's Anthropocentric album.
Buckethead - Shadows Between The Sky

1) I really cannot play that fast
2) I really lack the picking skill for it.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
I'm working on some Veil of Maya and Periphery at the moment (not safe to swim and Zyglrox), and the Grade 8 rockschool pieces, but they're pretty easy.
Hmm, I've just finished learning the rhythm for Rocket Queen by Guns 'N Roses, which is pretty easy for the most part.

I've been trying to nail the Sweet Child 'O Mine solo for a while now, there's a lick at the end, around the 12th - 14th fret and it's got some bends and it's all sixteenth notes. It's a bitch to get down.

And I've mainly been working on ear training. I wanna get as good as I can at that. Just doing intervals. I've got a lot better. When a few notes are played on a piano, I can usually find them pretty quick on my guitar. Most of the time, my hand just goes straight to the right note.
Tabbing 500 Channels by Choking Victim

Not too challenging, I just suck at ska
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by tjhome28
cliffs of dover... there's just a little bit in the 'solo' section (i know it's all a solo but you know :P) that i can't get right!

Hey, I see a few folks are learning cliffs of dover! Would anyone here like me to break down the cliffs of dover into many loop-able chunks with guitar tabs for each section?
Any really

Some songs I'm writing myself, some Pete Doherty, Clash, Cohen.

Anything really.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
One love by The Stone Roses.

Pretty much a solo from start to finish, and it's a change from what I usually play, but I'm not finding it difficult to play, just difficult to remember
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
I'm learning a whole bunch of song. Welcome Home by C&C, The riff of I Feel Fine, Dig a Pony, the licks in Get Back, the intro of La Bamba and the solo for And i love her.

I'm guitarded, so it'll take me a while.
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"