Hi, I have absolutely no idea in what forum this should be posted in. Sorry if it is at the wrong place.

The songs i'm talking about: metal songs that don't just use powerchords. Examples of what I mean: Downfall by Exodus, Requiem and For Your Malice by Lamb Of God, and Trivium does it alot too, for example The Crusade (Song, not album, of course) and another song wich I forgot but I still remember how to play it:

-----------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------
-------------9---x-x-9---8---x-x-6-------------
-8---x-x-6---8---x-x-9---6---x-x-6---5---x-x-5-
-6---x-x-6---7---x-x-7---4---x-x-4---6---x-x-6-
-4---x-x-4---------------------------3---x-x-3-

And these are some chords used in The Crusade:

-13--12--10-----------------
-15--12--10--12--5--7--6--5-
-14--13--10--9---7--7--7--7-
-------------9---0--0--8--8-
----------------------------
----------------------------

Some of the chords are probably just powerchords, played in a way that you don't immediatly see, but that is not the point right now. Chords with a twist. I know that most of the chords I mentioned in the songs, are just normal barchords, but with a few notes cut out (the intro from For Your Malice, begins with a standard D minor chords, with the E string cut out of it, but that's still 'good' for what I'm searching for). So, as many songs as you can find. The chords can be 2 fingers, 3 fingers, it doesnt really matter, as long as it's in a song, preferably metal/rock. I don't care about tuning for now. Any ideas?
1) Open Google Translator
2) Set it from English to Vietnamese
3) Type "Will Justin Bieber ever hit puberty"
4) Translate
5) Copy the Vietnamese text
6) Translate back from Vietnamese to English
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
The first riffs is just a standard powerchord with a 9th added.

Try Holy Wars by Megadeth, the main verse riff is a bit different. I dunno. Vast majority of metal utilises powerchords for the most part, it's hard to find anything that doesn't.
I guess the verse riff from Crazy train is a bit different as well.
countless metal and rock songs are like that, mostly from the bands that have better guitarists
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
power chords ARE metal!

that being said, a lot of megadeth songs. Hangar 18 and my last words come to mind.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Well there's Snow (Hey Oh) by the Chilis, uses a few triad chords I think. Crazy Train by Ozzy uses some in the verse, a lot of Smashing Pumpkins stuff.. all I can think of off the top of my head.
Blood of the Scribe by Lamb of God, hell sic song to learn, and most of it doe'snt use powerchords, pretty difficult rythem, need to be able to pinch pretty well.
look into Lamb of Gods stuff,
I try some devildrivers songs, especially from last kind words

And of course Nevermore (RIP)
After those solos its cool to take a break and play powerchords again
Quote by Ridg3
Opeth.

This is what I came here to post.

Check out most of their heavy catalogue; specific songs include Leper Affinity, Deliverance, Serenity Painted Death, and the Moor.

There are tons of songs by Opeth that use "exotic" chords (ie. something other than a power chord).
Axes:
2010 Carvin ST300C
1994 Jackson Soloist XL Professional
2008 "Jacksbanez"
2007 Gibson Flying V
2003 Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Amps:
Peavey 6505+ Combo
Peavey Classic 30
Peavey Vypyr 15
Thursday do a lot of heavy stuff with innovative chord structures - 9ths, flat 7ths and whatnot.
Gibson ES-137C
Parker P8EN
AC Custom Special P Bass
Quote by jimmydvn
Well there's Snow (Hey Oh) by the Chilis, uses a few triad chords I think. Crazy Train by Ozzy uses some in the verse, a lot of Smashing Pumpkins stuff.. all I can think of off the top of my head.

umm is Red Hot Chili Peppers is metal?
COOLEST GUITAR EVER!
Peavey: Vypyr 15W
ESP: H-1001
Guitar Rig 5 with Kontrol
Eleven rack
Fender blues Jr III
Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro
Daredevil 77 IC Op-Amp Fuzz
Last edited by NIN1993 at May 14, 2011,
Scar Symmetry
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]
thanks for the ideas. could those who postrd bandnames also0 name afew songs in wich these chords are? searching entire discographies is not really fun...
1) Open Google Translator
2) Set it from English to Vietnamese
3) Type "Will Justin Bieber ever hit puberty"
4) Translate
5) Copy the Vietnamese text
6) Translate back from Vietnamese to English
7) ???
8) Profit!

ಠ~ಠ ಠoಠ ಠxಠ ಠ.ಠ ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ
Dream Theater: Change of Season, Count of Tuscany, Endless Sacrifice, and tons more. Note: Songs might get quite long, but if you dont mind it then your good

Opeth: Blackwater Park.

probably a ton more but i havent learned and thing else by them yet, and same thing as Dream Theater...the song get quite long.

Scale the Summit: Pretty much any song, the use along of 5ths (power chords) with the 9th
as well as long of other cool, and some standard chords that all guitarist know.

Megadeth: Holy Wars, Hangar 18
Both are great for your metal solo chops!

GOOD LUCK MAN

Quote by Gunpowder
Thrashturbating? Most metal of all ways to pleasure oneself.