So I wound up getting finale for the final project I was talking about last week.

And I have to say, after the few hours I have spent working with it, while reading the user manual...I am utterly baffled.

Can someone give me a quick lesson on simply how to create a four voice texture on the program? try to be as detailed as possible on the simplest things, even just how to properly enter notes, because I really can't figure it out.

(I tried using the "layer" function, but for whatever reason that made my bass note sound an octave lower, and it quickly turned into a mess.)
I couldn't think of a thing that I hope tomorrow brings
Not now but after this, return it and get Sibelius.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I hear good things about Sibelius, but then I look at the price and i go back to Finale.

I have never gotten the hang of the "speedy entry tool" but that is was makes it worth while -- read up on the keyboard shortcuts and practice using it ... You'll be a lot more productive.

I learned with midi editing software (Cakewalk) how to use various keyboard shortcuts and it made it a lot less tedious. Then Cakewalk went and changed it in X1 -- bastids!!
Quote by Zen Skin
I hear good things about Sibelius, but then I look at the price and i go back to Finale.

Through my school discount, I can get it to you for about 70 bucks.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
Not now but after this, return it and get Sibelius.

Helpful.

1) Get a document open with two staves.
1b) If you open a Default Document, then go into the 'Staff' menu and select 'Add stave' you will have two staves that are by default piano midi.
1c) Right click the bottom stave and look in the context menu for 'Bass clef' and select.

2) If you want to do no learning at all of the program then select the simple entry tool and click on the rhythmic values you want in the palette and enter them by clicking on the line or space of the staff you need.
2b) If there is no palette, go into the 'Window' menu and select simple entry palette.

3) Enter your bass and alto voice in layer 2, tenor and soprano voice in layer 1.
3b) It'll be easiest to enter one voice all at once and then move on to another voice.
thanks for the help, seriously.

just to be sure, will this allow me to have rhythmically independent voices (ie the soprano playing an eigth note and alto playing quarter)?
okay, because it kept making both of the top voices eights notes when i was trying to do it before.
so...this still isnt working, I cant add an alto line...when i try, it just highlights the soprano line and doesn't do anything when I try to add an alto note below it.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
Have you selected a different layer? Bottom left hand corner.

^ this

plus if you paid for Finale, they do have tech support.
shred is gaudy music