Here's the lyrics to an acoustic rendition of my song Conflict Of Interest. Hopefully you like this set better than the ones for the electric version.

Rejecting what’s inside of me
To satisfy my pain,
I don’t want this.
You say I should be holding on,
There’s everything to gain.
I see nothing.

Trying to find out the goddamn reason.
Cut out my heart just to stop my breathing.

My son will be left all alone
Within this empty world.
Is it worth it?
I see the smile he gives to me,
Unknowingly he cares.
It may be something.

Maybe I’m finding the one good reason
To keep pushing on and to keep on breathing.

No, my time’s almost over.
It’s time to just walk through the door.
My God, what am I doing?
Why is my blood on the floor?

Dear God, save me,
Bring me to life,
Save my son from his father’s weakness.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
I like it a lot. How the first 8 lines (verse and chorus's?) contrast with the next 8 as if the singer comes to a sudden realization of what his decisions would do to his son is really cool and i love the humble and honest nature of it. The first slight problem i see is with the 5th paragraph (bridge?). The way the first two lines relate to the first 8, and the next two relate to the 3rd and 4th paragraphs is cool, but to me sounds too sudden. It seems to me like through the first half of the song, the character's thought process is more flowing and makes sense, but in that 5th paragraph he switches conclusions too quickly and un-naturally. The other thing i don't like is the last line. It could be more descriptive, maybe find different words for 'save' and 'weakness' or use a metaphor. Other than those 2 things great job!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1443329
I'm happy you brought up how quickly the tones and perspectives changed. That was actually my intention. The song is based on my brother. He was in this situation toward the end of last year, and the way he described his thoughts and emotions at that time it came across as having an almost "whiplash" effect on him. He bounced back and forth between going through with it and backing down for about a month and a half before making the decision to, and it took that final thought of his son at the moment of truth to fully bring him back from the edge. But yes, it was done that way intentionally.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
like already mentioned, I like that the theme develops throughout..beginning with 'goddamn', ending with '..God, save me' -nice

alos like the use of the couplets
Oh i see that makes sense now. Well in that case i have one last suggestion: Maybe your sudden switch of tones and perspectives would seem much more intentional if you switched every line, rather than two lines, to emphasize the 'whiplash'...?

So.. instead of:

No, my time’s almost over.
It’s time to just walk through the door. (switch)
My God, what am I doing?
Why is my blood on the floor?

You could have something similar to:

No, my time’s almost over. (switch)
My God, what am I doing? (switch)
It’s time to just walk through the door. (switch)
Why is my blood on the floor? (switch)

Of course not with those exact words. This is only just a thought, its not necessarily a flaw to the song which is good as it is, its just something i think could give it that much more of a boost of drama