Page 1 of 7
Searched, didn't find anything.

In a literal application of the sharia law of an eye for an eye, Iran is ready for the first time to blind a man with acid, after he was found guilty of doing the same to a woman who refused to marry him.

Majid Movahedi, 30, is scheduled to be rendered unconscious in Tehran's judiciary hospital at noon on Saturday while Ameneh Bahrami, his victim, drops acid in both his eyes, her lawyer said.

Bahrami who had asked for an eye for an eye retribution in the court, was disfigured and blinded by Movahedi in 2004 when he threw a jar of acid in her face while she was returning home from work. "He was holding a red container in his hand. He looked into my eyes for a second and threw the contents of the red container into my face," she told the court in 2008.

According to Iranian media, Bahrami's lawyer, Ali Sarafi, has said: "A very good sentence has been given and an appropriate method has been adopted so that the convict will be blinded by few drops of acids in eyes after he is rendered unconscious."

In a highly publicised dossier in November 2008, a criminal court in Tehran ordered qisas (retribution) on Movahedi after he admitted throwing acid at Bahrami, and entitled her to blind him with acid. He was also required to pay compensation to the victim. Bahrami refused to accept the "blood money" and told the court: "Inflict the same life on him that he inflicted on me."

Iranian officials have endorsed the the sentence in the hope of halting an increase in the rate of acid attacks. But human rights activists have warned against an "inhumane" sentence.

The British Foreign Office urged Iran to halt the sentence. "The attack on Ameneh Bahrami in 2004 was a horrific crime," a spokesman said. "However, we are deeply concerned by reports that Majid Movahedi's sentence of being blinded by having acid dripped into his eyes may be carried out.

"The FCO calls on the Iranian authorities to commute this inhumane punishment to an appropriate sentence in line with Iran's international obligations and to cease the practice of corporal punishment for crimes."

Iranian media have reported that Movahedi will be blinded in both eyes but Bahrami, in an interview in 2009, said that the man would be blinded only in one eye because "each man is worth two women" under Iranian law.

"The person who did this deserves to go through the same suffering. Only this way will he understand my pain … my intention is to ask for the application of the law not just for revenge but also so that no other woman will have to go through this. It is to set an example," Bahrami was quoted by the Spanish newspaper ABC as saying.

Bahrami, who has an electronics degree and worked in a medical engineering company before the attack, moved to Spain with the help of the Iranian government where she has undergone a series of unsuccessful operations. She briefly recovered half vision in her right eye in 2007 but an infection blinded her again.

Bahrami has recently published a book in Germany, Eye for an Eye, based on her personal life and her suffering since she was blinded.

In recent months, human rights organisations have expressed alarm over the unprecedented increase of capital punishment in Iran, which last year executed more people than any other country apart from China.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/may/13/iran-blind-criminal-acid
tl;dr: A man who threw acid in a woman's face, is going to be blinded by his victim.

Thoughts?
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Win for her and the entire world. Although it's a tricky subject, I'm a huge advocate of an eye for an eye.
You know what? I have no objections to this. Throwing acid on anyone is a dick move, and this will probably make him think twice before doing it again.
That's ****ed up.
Quote by blake1221
You know what? I have no objections to this. Throwing acid on anyone is a dick move, and this will probably make him think twice before doing it again.

He most likely won't be able to find anyone else to throw acid on.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
He is only going to be blinded in one eye because 1 man is equal to two women.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by damian_91
That's ****ed up.

Was f*cked up for him to throw acid in the face of a woman for rejecting marriage. Deserves it. Every second of it.
Iranian media have reported that Movahedi will be blinded in both eyes but Bahrami, in an interview in 2009, said that the man would be blinded only in one eye because "each man is worth two women" under Iranian law.

Pointless punishment then.
Iranian officials have endorsed the the sentence in the hope of halting an increase in the rate of acid attacks.

In other news: Iranian officials do not understand how deterrence works in forensic psychology.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Serves the asshole right. Accidentally put a couple more drops in there.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
I don't see why he should get to be unconscious...she wasn't.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
- Stephen F. Roberts
Deserving. After seeing the pictures of what the victims look like after being attacked by acid and imagining the pain they must have suffered, I would say that having a few drops of acid on the eyes while unconscious is nothing in comparison.
Castles made of sand
Fall to the sea
Eventually
This guy was really morally blind.
I can see why the woman saw fit to look for this kind of punishment for him.
THIS IS A LARGE DISTRACTING SIGNATURE.
Quote by blake1221

I agree with this guy.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
"An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Seriously, there should be other ways. I'm torn though; what he did initially is disgusting, and in a way, he deserves it.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Huh... I'm not really opposed to this... At least it's not a woman being stoned to death for showing her face in public or some bullshit like that. This seems like a fair thing to do honestly, I mean throwing acid in someones face just for rejecting you? That's ****ed.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Am I the only one who made a pun?

UG... I am disappoint.
THIS IS A LARGE DISTRACTING SIGNATURE.
I agree with everything except the being knocked out first part he should be awake while they do it.
Quote by sfaune92
- Mahatma Gandhi

Seriously, there should be other ways. I'm torn though; what he did initially is disgusting, and in a way, he deserves it.

This

in other news, Iran is still under the terror of their leader. America doesn't say anything bout aiding the Iranian people in their revolution, because America fears of losing oil when that happens. Europe are too much of sh**ty ass-wipes to start an independant initiative.
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Last edited by TimTheWizard at May 13, 2011,
It seems sensible that he be properly punished. But its a real shame that its the same system doing this that says a man is worth two women and where women get stoned to death for adultery, hands are cut off for theft etc...
Quote by Dirge Humani
I am not OK with this. Vengeance has no place in justice.

So jailing is the most suitable, effective justice huh?
Quote by TimTheWizard
This

in other news, Iran is still under the terror of their leader. America doesn't say anything bout aiding the Iranian people in their revolution, because America fears of losing oil when that happens. Europe are too much of sh**ty ass-wipes to start an independant initiative.

lol wut. Source?
America doesn't trade with Iran. There's an embargo.
This whole affair is ****ing horrid.

But I don't agree with state-sanctioned vengeance.
What a backwards country.

I love the whole emphasis on justice AND support for men being superior to women.
I wouldn't call it vengeance...it's repayment in kind.

I'm divided about this. If the woman had taken it upon herself to put acid in the guys eyes then I would consider it just, however it worries me that the government itself is condoning it.
🙈 🙉 🙊
What ****ing century are we in? Christ man, those middle eastern countries are stuck in the stone age. It's called jail
pinga
Quote by Cb4rabid
What ****ing century are we in? Christ man, those middle eastern countries are stuck in the stone age. It's called jail

Yah, that'll teach 'em.

*Glances at repeat offender numbers*

Yah....
Quote by djentdjent
Yah, that'll teach 'em.

*Glances at repeat offender numbers*

Yah....

Actually the jail part was my attempted humor, but those people are really stuck in the wrong century.
pinga
Quote by Darkshade666
Not many criminals in Iran. No coincidence.

Yeah. Seeing as peaceful protesters and opposition politicians are also criminals in Iran, we should all endorse their punitive, repressive, barbaric judicial system!
Quote by Cb4rabid
Actually the jail part was my attempted humor, but those people are really stuck in the wrong century.

I'm torn on it personally. The 1 man = 2 women is definitely wrong but when it comes to punishment, fear holds a lot of weight.
Quote by sfaune92
- Mahatma Gandhi

This expresses my exact thoughts on it. While it was an extreme dick move and he deserves to be accountable for his actions, dumping acid into his eye to blind him doesn't seem right.

I don't get how it's wrong for him to do it to someone first, but it's right for them to do it back. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

I don't exactly know what should be done though...
Quote by AzureNight
I don't see anything wrong with that - he's getting a taste of his own medicine.

Of course, Americans are happy and willing to support the massacre of those who were vaguely involved in attacking their country, torture people without trial, engage in illegal wars, support foreign rebellions and uprisings when it suits them, and use depleted uranium on civilians; but when something like this happens, the people responsible are "in the stone age" or "backwards". lol

+1.5
I have no idea bout this but some blues song is playing in background and depressing me to shit whilst reading this.
Quote by sfaune92
- Mahatma Gandhi

lol Gandhi

“A general belief seems to prevail in the colony that the Indians are little better, if at all, than the savages or natives of Africa. Even the children are taught to believe in that manner, with the result that the Indian is being dragged down to the position of a raw Kaffir.” (Reference: The Collected Works of Mahatma Gandhi, Government of India (CWMG), Vol I, p. 150)

Regarding forcible registration with the state of blacks: “One can understand the necessity for registration of Kaffirs who will not work.” (Reference: CWMG, Vol I, p. 105)

“Why, of all places in Johannesburg, the Indian Location should be chosen for dumping down all the Kaffirs of the town passes my comprehension…the Town Council must withdraw the Kaffirs from the Location.” (Reference: CWMG, Vol I, pp. 244-245)

His description of black inmates: “Only a degree removed from the animal.” Also, “Kaffirs are as a rule uncivilized - the convicts even more so. They are troublesome, very dirty and live almost like animals.” - Mar. 7, 1908 (Reference: CWMG, Vol VIII, pp. 135-136)